September 16, 200521 yr Originally Posted by 90Rock Maybe everyone on BGP should bombard the proposers of this Proposal, especially Sexton, with e-mails and phone calls voicing our disapproval. I already left a message with Sexton this morning and Principal Keepers at Manual. I doubt that eother on will call me back though. I'm not holding by breath that they'll call, but I'll post results if they do. I also think it's funny that Sexton's own kids, while residing in Eastern's ditrict, attended Male. I guess when it comes to his own kids, they don't belong to Eastern High School like the other kids in the district. Maybe he know just how "well" he runs a school. If that's true then Mr. Sexton (as he insists everyone call him) is pretty much a hypocrit. Eastern is good enough for everyone but his kids.
September 16, 200521 yr I don't believe that is the case, and they certainly don't fit the profile. You must be a dependent of U.S. Army personnel stationed there to attend the base school. But by this proposal since they are federally funded schools they are included as private schools.
September 16, 200521 yr I was rather saddened to see the name of my school (along with the two other Warren County schools) attached to proposal 20. Heck, we just won a state championship in basketball. I suppose we'd rather it just be the Division 1 title. Maybe it's a 15 year old grudge against Trinity football.
September 16, 200521 yr What does everyone think about Proposal 6 which will make an exception to waive the period of ineligibility if both principals consent in writing . "i) CONSENT BY THE PRINCIPALS OF THE SENDING AND RECEIVING SCHOOLS - The Principals of the sending and receiving school may consent in writing to the waiving of the period of ineligibility." I think this is a good idea. Most of the time a kid changes schools in my area it is not because of recruiting. This will give those kids a chance to avoid the red tape of the KHSAA and allow that organization to focus on the cases that are contested. It already appears to work this way in SE Kentucky. I have never known a kid to sit out in this area after transferring unless the former school protested it, and 75% involve no change of address.
September 16, 200521 yr Let me ask something though. Lets just say the proposal passes to split privates/publics. I hear a lot of the privates saying that they will take it court, why? Over a high school championship? What would be the law that is being broken here? I personally think that these schools should keep athletics out of the courts. Principle of the thing....I have saved the Commonwealth of Kentucky over 10k per year that I sent my kids to private school. My choice, yes, having nothing to do with sports. I am tired of people accusing me and others like me of cheating. This strikes at what we consider fair play. If you can't beat me, then just change the rules so everyone gets a trophy--and a ring. At the same time in Fayette County, we taxpayers have erected two artifical turf fields while one high school here in town was caving in on itself (no money).
September 16, 200521 yr While I have not personally decided where I stand on this issue of Prop 20, let me say this. I have talked to alot of people in the state as a whole and this is the general consensus of almost 99% of everyone I have talked to. Is this the right thing to do? I dont know. While I agree there is a problem with the levelness of the playing field, I dont know if seperation of the private/public is the way to level it.
September 18, 200521 yr Proposal 12 there goes J.O volleyball. Dosent this guy want Kentucky players to get any better ? J.O. definately helps players get college scholarships . Most tournaments are heavily attended by college coaches .This should be called the" Ron Kordes rule". Kills A.A.U basketball too.
September 18, 200521 yr J.O. teams have players from many different schools. The one my daughter coached in the spring had girls from Beechwood, N.D.A. , Ncc , Highlands ,Simon Kenton and Ryle. This helps them make new friends and see different coaching philosophies . prop 12 just stinks.
September 18, 200521 yr Proposal 20, Hey isn"t seperate but equal against the Constitution ? I wouldn't be surprised if that was used as a point in court if this came to that.
September 18, 200521 yr What about separate but unequal. If this farce passes will the Private Boys Basketball State Championship be played at Rupp Arena? Will the private school baseball tournament be played at Applebee's field? I know the private school football championship will continue to be played at PJCS and most likely out draw the public school championship (just like in Tennessee).
September 18, 200521 yr Proposal 20, Hey isn"t seperate but equal against the Constitution ? Are the classes in football, track and cross country against the Constitution?
September 19, 200521 yr Are the classes in football, track and cross country against the Constitution? No because there you are all considered equals according to student body size .
September 19, 200521 yr Are the classes in football, track and cross country against the Constitution? How?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.