Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Proposals

Featured Replies

Surely you're not equating this issue to the landmark Plessy vs Ferguson case, are you?

No of course not , It is the "Brown vs board of Education" The 1954 landmark civil rights case . These proposals before the K.H.S A.A. are nothing but discrimination in a different guise ,but just as pernicious and destructive . :fight:

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is discrimination against the public schools because any State championship they earn will always be Questioned .Where they as good as the parochial champion. :lol:

I don't...

:thumb: :thumb:

 

No need to create division where there is none.

James Sexton submitted a proposal that greatly affects Volleyball. From a volleyball standpoint, one of the proposals is basically to eliminate Club Volleyball. Girls that play high school volleyball (in the fall) would not be allowed to play volleyball for any other team until the end of the school year. Club volleyball starts in January and goes until May (unless you go to nationals which is in June)

 

If any of you follow club volleyball, the top club in the country (not state, but country) is KIVA. Kiva is run by the head volleyball coach at Assumption high School (Ron Kordes). Assumption is currently ranked number 1 in the Country (not state, but Country).

 

Guess who is in the same region as Assumption (and Sacred Heart.. Number 3 in the state) .... Eastern High School. Guess who is the principal of Eastern High School... James Sexton.

No of course not , It is the "Brown vs board of Education" :

 

Correct. Brown overturned the Plessy case.

James Sexton submitted a proposal that greatly affects Volleyball. From a volleyball standpoint, one of the proposals is basically to eliminate Club Volleyball. Girls that play high school volleyball (in the fall) would not be allowed to play volleyball for any other team until the end of the school year. Club volleyball starts in January and goes until May (unless you go to nationals which is in June)

 

If any of you follow club volleyball, the top club in the country (not state, but country) is KIVA. Kiva is run by the head volleyball coach at Assumption high School (Ron Kordes). Assumption is currently ranked number 1 in the Country (not state, but Country).

 

Guess who is in the same region as Assumption (and Sacred Heart.. Number 3 in the state) .... Eastern High School. Guess who is the principal of Eastern High School... James Sexton.

Interesting information BG, I wonder if one could form an opinion that certain proposals are being adopted for the betterment of all KHSAA student-athletes, or for other reasons.

 

I hope consideration of Proposal authors, is certainly discussed thoroughly before any votes or discussion even takes place.

I don't know if I'm for getting rid of clubs and AAU but many schools use AAU and clubs to recruit. Thats probably why that proposal came about.

I don't know if I'm for getting rid of clubs and AAU but many schools use AAU and clubs to recruit. Thats probably why that proposal came about.

This is another false assumption or idea some schools use in an argument.

 

Kids do follow other kids from AAU/Club teams. But the coaches in most cases I know of have no influence over the kid. Usually either:

 

A. Teammates just want to continue playing with each other

B. Teammates talk teammates into staying together

C. They all just pick the most successful school

 

I see nothing wrong with a group of kids deciding to stay together thru High School.

I'm not really arguing. I just know how it works. I'm not saying its bad but it happens. A lot of clubs direct a kid to a certain school. The coach of the school usually doesn't say a word to these kids. They are not directly recruited, more indirectly. Some people have a problem with this.

 

But in some cases the coaches do step in and recruit. People need to quit denying that recruiting is a problem. In Jefferson County its a big one. I don't know about anywhere else but it is a problem and it does happen.

I'm not really arguing. I just know how it works. I'm not saying its bad but it happens. A lot of clubs direct a kid to a certain school. The coach of the school usually doesn't say a word to these kids. They are not directly recruited, more indirectly. Some people have a problem with this.

 

But in some cases the coaches do step in and recruit. People need to quit denying that recruiting is a problem. In Jefferson County its a big one. I don't know about anywhere else but it is a problem and it does happen.

Again in NKY its more a few public schools who look guilty of this than the private.

Again in NKY its more a few public schools who look guilty of this than the private.

 

You're wrong there. It's just that those schools get talked about publicly more because of there success. In the inner circles of AD's and coaches, there are a few privates that are brought up quite frequently. However, it doesn't matter to me. The public's are restraining themselves more than the privates are breaking the rules, IMO.

You're wrong there. It's just that those schools get talked about publicly more because of there success. In the inner circles of AD's and coaches, there are a few privates that are brought up quite frequently. However, it doesn't matter to me. The public's are restraining themselves more than the privates are breaking the rules, IMO.

There is not one private school I know of who has broken a rule. A majority live off their feeder parishes in NKY.

There is not one private school I know of who has broken a rule. A majority live off their feeder parishes in NKY.

 

You not knowing about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

You not knowing about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I'm quite familar with most the catholic schools in NKY, it would be safe to say my knowledge of atleast two of them is greater than yours. Since I grew up in one and my roomates Uncle is the AD at another.

I'm not saying its all privates. For the most part it is publics in Jefferson.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.