Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Proposals

Featured Replies

Proposal 20, Hey isn"t seperate but equal against the Constitution ?

 

Surely you're not equating this issue to the landmark Plessy vs Ferguson case, are you?

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely you're not equating this issue to the landmark Plessy vs Ferguson case, are you?

In importance, no. In thinking, absolutely. I'll take it one step farther. This is an opening salvo in a blatant attempt by anti Catholic elements in Kentucky to undermine and weaken Catholic education. I for one will not stand idle while there is blatant discrimination against our kids. "The time is past when good men may be silent". Daniel Berrigan

In importance, no. In thinking, absolutely. I'll take it one step farther. This is an opening salvo in a blatant attempt by anti Catholic elements in Kentucky to undermine and weaken Catholic education. I for one will not stand idle while there is blatant discrimination against our kids. "The time is past when good men may be silent". Daniel Berrigan

 

I think you're misreading the issue. The issue has nothing to do with anti-Catholic. Instead, its anti-winning Catholic/private schools.

 

You're nuts if you really think this is an attempt to "weaken Catholic education".

I think you're misreading the issue. The issue has nothing to do with anti-Catholic. Instead, its anti-winning Catholic/private schools.

 

You're nuts if you really think this is an attempt to "weaken Catholic education".

Well then I'm nuts. That is exactly what this is. The allure of a Catholic education includes many factors including religious training, moral training, social justice, academics, discipline and sports. Those factors and more are all part of the package. This is an attempt to peal off one. What's next? I believe that the animosity expressed the bigotry of some against Catholics and the bigotry of some in public education against private schools in general. I am old enough to remember when this states anti Catholic feelings were much more in the open. It isn't gone.

Well then I'm nuts. That is exactly what this is. The allure of a Catholic education includes many factors including religious training, moral training, social justice, academics, discipline and sports. Those factors and more are all part of the package. This is an attempt to peal off one. What's next? I believe that the animosity expressed the bigotry of some against Catholics and the bigotry of some in public education against private schools in general. I am old enough to remember when this states anti Catholic feelings were much more in the open. It isn't gone.

 

 

I'll respectfully disagree with the conspiratorial view that you've taken.

:thumb:

Well then I'm nuts. That is exactly what this is. The allure of a Catholic education includes many factors including religious training, moral training, social justice, academics, discipline and sports. Those factors and more are all part of the package. This is an attempt to peal off one. What's next? I believe that the animosity expressed the bigotry of some against Catholics and the bigotry of some in public education against private schools in general. I am old enough to remember when this states anti Catholic feelings were much more in the open. It isn't gone.

:thumb: I agree I think part of this in the more southern and eastern part of the states is that fact that Catholics are having such success. I still think in parts of KY there is some negative sentiments towards Catholics.

:thumb:

:thumb: I agree I think part of this in the more southern and eastern part of the states is that fact that Catholics are having such success. I still think in parts of KY there is some negative sentiments towards Catholics.

Like Louisville...? :rolleyes:

 

Almost a quarter of Louisville is Catholic.

Like Louisville...? :rolleyes:

 

Almost a quarter of Louisville is Catholic.

So 75% isn't that would be a majority? NKY has a large Catholic base to, but does EKY or southern.

I don't think this is a religious scandal..

Like Louisville...? :rolleyes:

 

Almost a quarter of Louisville is Catholic.

I think you will notice that I also listed the feelings of some in public education toward private education in general. In truth, these proposals wouldn't stand a chance if only those schools that stand to gain championships voted for them.

I don't think this is a religious scandal..

Either do I, but I think the fact a majority of private schools are Catholic plays a small role in this.

I think you guys are fishing a bit. I doubt it's a holy crusade to eliminate all Catholics from athletics in the state of KY. I think it's just a coincidence that the majority of public school in KY are Catholic.

Is it just possible there is a little "us vs. them" mentality in anything being proposed? For instance, this debate continues to center around how it would impact the private school world, but some of these proposals can clearly be labeled the "highlands/mitchell" proposals.

In importance, no. In thinking, absolutely. I'll take it one step farther. This is an opening salvo in a blatant attempt by anti Catholic elements in Kentucky to undermine and weaken Catholic education. I for one will not stand idle while there is blatant discrimination against our kids. "The time is past when good men may be silent". Daniel Berrigan

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.