Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Proposals

Featured Replies

I think it would be a mistake. They'd be relying too much on the buddy system.

 

I agree and said in one of the threads (I'm so confused) that I can't imagine the BOC letting this one through.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree and said in one of the threads (I'm so confused) that I can't imagine the BOC letting this one through.

 

No kidding. I actually forgot to post predictions to the football games, like they no longer existed. When will these votes be over with?

I have heard a few private schools have talked about forming their own assocation. The KHSAA would die to lose that Trinity, St. X football money. Why do you think Trinity and St. X ,five miles apart from each other , but in football they might as well be on different ends of the state because they ,KHSAA, have it where they could only meet in the finals of football. Money, Money. A St. X vs Trinity final gets them 25,000+ , St. X or Trinity in finals 10,000+. Things that make you go HMMMMM!!

 

The city of Louisville has open enrollment. As a ninth grader you can go to any high school in Jefferson County but you have to be accepted to St. Male ,St. Butler or St. Manual. Why do all the good baseball players go to PRP, they don't recu--, not that word.

 

Is a free lunch or free books AID?

 

I am going to take my ball and go home you don't play fair, you are better than me.

 

Trinity builds $3.3 million dollar football stadium, with Goverment money. Opps sorry , no goverment money they used private funds.

 

Kentucky High School Volleyball Coaches' poll

Volleyball

 

1. Assumption

2. Mercy

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame

5. St. Henry

6. Presentation

7. Lou. Holy Cross

8. Ryle Is this a public school

9. Butler

10. Beechwood

 

 

Sorry just venting

I have heard a few private schools have talked about forming their own assocation. The KHSAA would die to lose that Trinity, St. X football money. Why do you think Trinity and St. X ,five miles apart from each other , but in football they might as well be on different ends of the state because they ,KHSAA, have it where they could only meet in the finals of football. Money, Money. A St. X vs Trinity final gets them 25,000+ , St. X or Trinity in finals 10,000+. Things that make you go HMMMMM!!

 

The city of Louisville has open enrollment. As a ninth grader you can go to any high school in Jefferson County but you have to be accepted to St. Male ,St. Butler or St. Manual. Why do all the good baseball players go to PRP, they don't recu--, not that word.

 

Is a free lunch or free books AID?

 

I am going to take my ball and go home you don't play fair, you are better than me.

 

Trinity builds $3.3 million dollar football stadium, with Goverment money. Opps sorry , no goverment money they used private funds.

 

Kentucky High School Volleyball Coaches' poll

Volleyball

 

1. Assumption

2. Mercy

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame

5. St. Henry

6. Presentation

7. Lou. Holy Cross

8. Ryle Is this a public school

9. Butler

10. Beechwood

 

 

Sorry just venting

 

Yep, I have been wondering the same thing.

Maybe everyone on BGP should bombard the proposers of this Proposal, especially Sexton, with e-mails and phone calls voicing our disapproval. I already left a message with Sexton this morning and Principal Keepers at Manual. I doubt that eother on will call me back though.

If they do be sure to let us know what they say.

If they do be sure to let us know what they say.

 

Let me ask something though. Lets just say the proposal passes to split privates/publics. I hear a lot of the privates saying that they will take it court, why? Over a high school championship? What would be the law that is being broken here? I personally think that these schools should keep athletics out of the courts.

I agree and said in one of the threads (I'm so confused) that I can't imagine the BOC letting this one through.

 

Everyone on here is constantly complaining about the transfer by-laws needing to be simplified. I think this would clear up the paper work in about 80-90 percent of transfer cases. If a kid changes schools and neither school feels anything improper took place then let the kid play.

Let me ask something though. Lets just say the proposal passes to split privates/publics. I hear a lot of the privates saying that they will take it court, why? Over a high school championship? What would be the law that is being broken here? I personally think that these schools should keep athletics out of the courts.

I would love to keep athletics out of the courts, but any proposal that discriminates against our kids will be litigated. The litigation will be long and expensive. For those that back these proposals because they don't like to play against the Trinity and X football teams, wait until you have to face our combined legal and political teams. ;)

Everyone on here is constantly complaining about the transfer by-laws needing to be simplified. I think this would clear up the paper work in about 80-90 percent of transfer cases. If a kid changes schools and neither school feels anything improper took place then let the kid play.

 

 

IF the KHSAA didn't think they needed to approve transfers, they would have already let ADs decide/sign off.

I have heard a few private schools have talked about forming their own assocation. The KHSAA would die to lose that Trinity, St. X football money. Why do you think Trinity and St. X ,five miles apart from each other , but in football they might as well be on different ends of the state because they ,KHSAA, have it where they could only meet in the finals of football. Money, Money. A St. X vs Trinity final gets them 25,000+ , St. X or Trinity in finals 10,000+. Things that make you go HMMMMM!!

 

The city of Louisville has open enrollment. As a ninth grader you can go to any high school in Jefferson County but you have to be accepted to St. Male ,St. Butler or St. Manual. Why do all the good baseball players go to PRP, they don't recu--, not that word.

 

Is a free lunch or free books AID?

 

I am going to take my ball and go home you don't play fair, you are better than me.

 

Trinity builds $3.3 million dollar football stadium, with Goverment money. Opps sorry , no goverment money they used private funds.

 

Kentucky High School Volleyball Coaches' poll

Volleyball

 

1. Assumption

2. Mercy

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame

5. St. Henry

6. Presentation

7. Lou. Holy Cross

8. Ryle Is this a public school

9. Butler

10. Beechwood

 

 

Sorry just venting

 

Ryle is a public school. You have to live in the district to attend. There is no open enrollement in Boone County School like in Louisville.

Let me ask something though. Lets just say the proposal passes to split privates/publics. I hear a lot of the privates saying that they will take it court, why? Over a high school championship? What would be the law that is being broken here? I personally think that these schools should keep athletics out of the courts.

 

Of course you do. The kids that you support are not potentiall being denied the chance to compete for a title against the best competition.

I have avoided this like the plague, but there are a couple things that stand out to me in regard to the "wording" of Prop 20:

 

*The use of the words "public" and "non-public". Think about that for a minute. I could be reading too much into that, but it did make me stop and think.

 

Also, I think, in actuality--Prop 20 was written very well (as opposed to some who think that it is vague/not well written) because it is presented in a manner in which the "non public" schools will not need to change the way that they currently operate.

 

After reading all of the proposals--I get the impression that these guys are actually really squared away with what they are doing (whether I agree or not). There is a very specific agenda here--which can not be spoken too unless the public/private situation is addressed.

 

I think this all revolves around the transfer rules and CONTROL (or to the point of another post--this is the big gorilla sitting in the corner, or the ace in the hole, that will be used to "influence" the delegates into voting for some of the other propositions). I get the impression that a lot of these people think that the KHSAA is either: 1. Making up things as they go. 2. They are not consisent with their rulings. 3. They are tired of the "financial greed" of the KHSAA.

 

For the record--I see both sides of this argument. But I wouldn't want to seperate the pulics/privates for championships. But there are issues. The less that they are spoken about--the more angry I get. But I still don't think that I would want to exclude the private schools.

 

Also--everyone--please remember--this ISN'T just about FOOTBALL. I think that everyone really needs to look at the big picture to see the impact (good and bad) of the proposal.

I would love to keep athletics out of the courts, but any proposal that discriminates against our kids will be litigated. The litigation will be long and expensive. For those that back these proposals because they don't like to play against the Trinity and X football teams, wait until you have to face our combined legal and political teams. ;)

 

Well, it would be an interesting legal battle to say the least.

The other part of his proposal limits financial aid to 75 percent. I don't think that this has much practical significance, but it is wrong. If you can limit it to 75 percent you can also limit it to 10 percent or 1 percent.

 

 

We only go to half, so that doesn't worry me.

We only go to half, so that doesn't worry me.

 

Right now but what about 5 years from now when the proposal is to eliminate all aid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.