Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Proposals

Featured Replies

The Male thing is the most confusing.

 

Is a Male state title without X and T worth anything? I guess to whoever from Male is voting on this that it is.

 

I realize this is a narrow football only view of the situation.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe everyone on BGP should bombard the proposers of this Proposal, especially Sexton, with e-mails and phone calls voicing our disapproval. I already left a message with Sexton this morning and Principal Keepers at Manual. I doubt that eother on will call me back though.

The public schools don't seem to mind when a kid that has gone to a private school suddenly goes to a public high school. I realize this may not happen as much as the public school kids going to a private, but it does happen. Again, how can you fault a kid for wanting to do what is best for his future.

 

A kid going to a private elementary and then going to a public high school happens much much more frequently. I don't have any stats, but growing up in Ft. Thomas I know this to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If the issue is TRULY kids from out-of-district, how can independent schools not be included?

How many private schools are there in each class? If I read this right, it sounds like they would still keep their separte classes so we would have 8 state champs instead of 4 correct? If I am reading it correctly it sounds like the privates are getting 3 more guaranteed championships for the publics one. What a trade off.

If this farce passes the football playoffs for the private football championships would be as follows:

 

4A X vs. Trinity

3A CovCath vs. Lex Cath

2A DeSales, Christian Academy of Louisville and Owensboro Catholic in a three team playoff

1A A five team playoff between Holy Cross (L & C), Lexington Christian, KY Country Day and Newport Central Catholic.

 

Evangel and Beth Haven could be added to 1A.

 

How wxciting.

Read the "rationale" wording. In there, they refer to the private schools' needs to recruit students in order to survive. That's the 'recruiting' that they're referring to.

 

What I don't understand is they preface it with this statement.

 

Students can attend from any area of the United States while public schools can only discuss athletics with students in their respective districts.
Um, lets pat them on the lower back. We wouldn't want to violate anyone or send the wrong message. We could hurt someone's feelings. :rolleyes:

 

You owe me a keyboard! :laugh:

If this farce passes the football playoffs for the private football championships would be as follows:

 

4A X vs. Trinity

3A CovCath vs. Lex Cath

2A DeSales, Christian Academy of Louisville and Owensboro Catholic in a three team playoff

1A A five team playoff between Holy Cross (L & C), Lexington Christian, KY Country Day and Newport Central Catholic.

 

Evangel and Beth Haven could be added to 1A.

 

How wxciting.

 

Believe it or not, I believe Ft. Campbell and Ft. Knox are considered "private" schools in the proposal.

The state board of education will never pass this thing.

I hope they kick off of the private schools out of the state chess tourney. Those things are dominated by private schools, most of which I had never heard of (ie The Lexington School). :D

What does everyone think about Proposal 6 which will make an exception to waive the period of ineligibility if both principals consent in writing .

 

"i) CONSENT BY THE PRINCIPALS OF THE SENDING AND RECEIVING

SCHOOLS - The Principals of the sending and receiving school may

consent in writing to the waiving of the period of ineligibility."

 

I think this is a good idea. Most of the time a kid changes schools in my area it is not because of recruiting. This will give those kids a chance to avoid the red tape of the KHSAA and allow that organization to focus on the cases that are contested.

What does everyone think about Proposal 6 which will make an exception to waive the period of ineligibility if both principals consent in writing .

 

"i) CONSENT BY THE PRINCIPALS OF THE SENDING AND RECEIVING

SCHOOLS - The Principals of the sending and receiving school may

consent in writing to the waiving of the period of ineligibility."

 

I think this is a good idea. Most of the time a kid changes schools in my area it is not because of recruiting. This will give those kids a chance to avoid the red tape of the KHSAA and allow that organization to focus on the cases that are contested.

 

I think it would be a mistake. They'd be relying too much on the buddy system.

I KNOW THIS DON'T SEEM LIKE THE FAVORITE THING ON HERE, BUT, I AGREE WITH proposal 20.

 

 

I don't think it is fair when some schools can recurit kids (private) and other schools (public) have to play only the kids in their school district. Does that really sound fair to you? :confused:

My kid grew up in a private school. When he was about to enter high school, 2, count 'em, 2 different public high school coaches recruited him to switch to public school.

 

That's recruiting by the public schools.

I think it would be a mistake. They'd be relying too much on the buddy system.

 

I have to disagree. I think it puts the control back in the hands of the people who know the situation best. We need to put the kids best interests first.

I am kinda surprised that coach Harp of Danville signed proposal 20. I didn't see anyone on there from my county Graves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.