Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Proposals

Featured Replies

Of course you do. The kids that you support are not potentiall being denied the chance to compete for a title against the best competition.

 

You are right on that one, the kids I support don't even care about any of this cause none of it applies to them, right now, it could down the road. I think it is an interesting topic to debate so I try not to state anything that I am not sure about.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it is fair when some schools can recurit kids (private) and other schools (public) have to play only the kids in their school district. Does that really sound fair to you? :confused:

 

Yes, because each individual school district makes their own rules for who attends that school.

We only go to half, so that doesn't worry me.

That's fine, but when you say that it is okay to discriminate against athletes in awarding financial aid there is nothing to stop them from changing the percentage.

The Male thing is the most confusing.

 

Is a Male state title without X and T worth anything? I guess to whoever from Male is voting on this that it is.

 

I realize this is a narrow football only view of the situation.

 

 

That's my big question. Imagine college football, this season, with no USC, Texas, or Ohio State (just picked the other 2). Would you feel good about yourself, knowing you didn't beat the best?

I don't think that James Sexton is proposing these on his own. What often happens with these rule proposals is that any area of athletic directors will appoint one person to make a number of proposals. The same thing happened two years ago when the Northern Kentucky ADs proposed a number of changes. One man, who was well known and knew what to put in the proposals was chosen to represent them.

 

One of the proposals at that time was to eliminate out of state residents from participating in KY sports. Funny that it is coming up again. That must be what you have terms the Covington Holy Cross rule. Maybe this time it will pass.

 

 

Or the Bell Co. rule

Trinity builds $3.3 million dollar football stadium, with Goverment money. Opps sorry , no goverment money they used private funds.

 

I don't know if I am inferring the correct emotion in your reference, can you please advise.

Here's my two cents on this matter.....

 

If this proposal goes through, what happens to the true underdog stories? By having all schools compete at the same level there will always be the chance that the seemingly unlikely team to win will come out on top. Now that is a great story that everyone likes to see, read about, and even experience. If this proposal passes we will lose several opportunities to see this because, theorhetically, the "Goliath's" (b/c of unfair advantages) will be separated from competing against the "Davids".

 

Everyone likes an underdog story....... 1980 US Hockey Team, 1950 Milan HS Basketball (Hooisers), Rudy Rudeguer..... the list goes on and on.

 

But what about closer to home? 1996 Nelson County Football (4-A state champs), 1990 Holy Cross Cougars (Broke Trinity's 50 game win streak)... again there are several stories to tell.

 

Advantages and Disadvantages - That is the beauty of competition! Let's not spoil a good thing.

Kentucky High School Volleyball Coaches' poll

Volleyball

 

1. Assumption

2. Mercy

3. Sacred Heart

4. Notre Dame

5. St. Henry

6. Presentation

7. Lou. Holy Cross

8. Ryle Is this a public school

9. Butler

10. Beechwood

 

Not for nothing, but if you think about it. Girls play volleyball in Catholic Grade School, most of the whole time. Public Schools really don't do that.

If this proposal passes we will lose several opportunities to see this because, theorhetically, the "Goliath's" (b/c of unfair advantages) will be separated from competing against the "Davids".

 

The David's will be the same teams, just against less numbers of Goliath's.

Not for nothing, but if you think about it. Girls play volleyball in Catholic Grade School, most of the whole time. Public Schools really don't do that.

 

Exactly, then the public schools need to get on board and get it started. You see intramural programs around the state in basketball, and school teams in basketball, why not volleyball or other sports for that matter.

Not for nothing, but if you think about it. Girls play volleyball in Catholic Grade School, most of the whole time. Public Schools really don't do that.

 

Exactly. Just because your school stinks in a sport doesn't mean someone else is doing something wrong.

Originally Posted by 90Rock

Maybe everyone on BGP should bombard the proposers of this Proposal, especially Sexton, with e-mails and phone calls voicing our disapproval. I already left a message with Sexton this morning and Principal Keepers at Manual. I doubt that eother on will call me back though.

 

If they do be sure to let us know what they say.

 

I'm not holding by breath that they'll call, but I'll post results if they do.

I also think it's funny that Sexton's own kids, while residing in Eastern's ditrict, attended Male. I guess when it comes to his own kids, they don't belong to Eastern High School like the other kids in the district.

There are some interesting proposals, there is a Highlands rule, a North Laurel rule, a Covington Holy Cross/Trinity/X rule, and several ones designed to make it hard on private schools.

 

Also, what is the deal with James Sexton from Eastern high school? That guy is on a warpath...

 

Link to the proposals

 

When the KHSAA comes up with a rule to address a situation the year after the horse got out of the barn, what exactly does that say? :D

I also think it's funny that Sexton's own kids, while residing in Eastern's ditrict, attended Male. I guess when it comes to his own kids, they don't belong to Eastern High School like the other kids in the district.

 

I love this.....

 

I grew up in "Ballard's" district, and now reside in Eastern's....I promise one thing, my daughter WILL NEVER ATTEND EASTERN HIGH SCHOOL, not while I am still kicking and screaming. When will people realize that because parents live in such and such neighborhood, that doesn't mean that such and such high school, OWNS YOU? That is a truly archaic mind set, IMO....And apparently Sexton turly thinks so, with at least his own children :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I believe Ft. Campbell and Ft. Knox are considered "private" schools in the proposal.
I don't believe that is the case, and they certainly don't fit the profile. You must be a dependent of U.S. Army personnel stationed there to attend the base school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.