Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do you do before you go to the game?

Featured Replies

For home games we have an open house pre-game warm up. Everybody is welcome (even opponents) but you have to bring something.....always real good stuff. We live close so we walk down to the game. Afterwards we have a victory/consolation party, grill out sausages and finish off what we didnt eat/drink pre-game.

 

We have been doing this for several years and have seen kids grow up, graduate and come back. Sadly, this will be our last year as my youngest boy graduates......except perhaps the big games.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my son played, my whole week was consumed by “the game”. Almost to the point of that it teetered on the fringe of obsession. It was, nonetheless, an opportunity to get to watch a young man grow up. So…no regrets and I wouldn’t change a thing about those times.

 

The week was spent talking about game strategies, film of the next opponent…much of the time about the mental aspects of the wonderful sport of football and how to play the game. Each day of the week had a separate and unique purpose, film study, practice/offense, practice/defense, vice versa, ever changing. Wednesday evening, in particular was spent with much activity in our kitchen with my wife being a very active Momcat. This was a group of moms of players who worked long hours to plan, prepare and deliver the team meal every single Thursday evening. GAME FRIDAY! Quirky superstitious rituals, noticing the clock at work (something I never do), planning secondary routes home in the event a main passageway was blocked by a wreck, never deviating from the route to the stadium…silly things like that. Games were crystal clear because you watched every move and remembered nearly every play…at least from your own vantage point.

 

Now, it’s a bit different. A lot different but by no means less enjoyable. In some ways, its much more fun to only worry about planning for a “victory” steak after the game, or pizza carryout at home if the outcome did not match your wishes.

Couldn't tell you. Usually take a few Malox around noon, just kinda run around all day doing I don't know what , and then about 4 o'clock start thinking about needing to get to the stadium.:creepy:

 

C'mon Henry tell everyone about your Thursday night pre-game festivities! :p

C'mon Henry tell everyone about your Thursday night pre-game festivities! :p

 

That's why I take the Malox around noon.:D

Which game ? On Monday I go to my sophmores sons JV game. On Thursday I have my other sons freshman game. On Friday, well you know.. On Saturday my youngest has flag football. I go to church on Sundays and then rest up for Monday again. Would not trade it for nothing!:thumb:

The parents get together before every game and tailgate. Good times and good eats before heading in for the game.

Sleep in as late as possible, because I know I'll be up late after the game. Stop in the office for a bit to check e-mail and such. Come home and eat a late lunch and try to get in a game frame of mind.

Sleep in as late as possible, because I know I'll be up late after the game. Stop in the office for a bit to check e-mail and such. Come home and eat a late lunch and try to get in a game frame of mind.

 

I pictured you sitting next to Uncle Rio, listening to some Back in Black, Thunderstruck and Enter Sandman.

Tailgaiting starts at 5:00. We always grill something. I highly recommend the Freedom Grill. Slides right in the hitch reciever on the truck, great grill.

I pictured you sitting next to Uncle Rio, listening to some Back in Black, Thunderstruck and Enter Sandman.

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We take the boy (depends on which one because I have a 7th grader who plays 7th and 8th and a freshman who plays varsity and JV) two Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches because they set on the stomach well. Then we (my wife or I) try to stake out a spot (we have a special spot at home games) to watch the game where he (either of them) will know where to look for us. We usually have snacks and drinks with us in a cooler where we sit.

Edited by papagrit
messed up a word

Drive all the way back from college to hopefully get to the game on time :lol:

If I have a preview that has the teams in it I will read up on the teams again just to get a better fill for what might happen. I go to a page and check out the records and then I head to the game.

Eat

Pray

Go to ATM

Can't eat- stomach gets way to nervous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.