Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you took it the wrong way I'll explain myself better. This is not about T and X. This is about families/fans/students from all schools in general driving to a location that is not centrally located. Louisville/Lexington are PRETTY much located in the middle of the state for MOST schools. In my opinion that is where it should be held if at all possible.

Please don't assume either that every family from T/X have loads of cash to travel anywhere and or anytime they want.

I am not disputing this but would like to info to back it up. I am just not sure it is true.

I think this stinks, but obviously I can't do anything about it.

What about the Eastern KY teams?

Belfry has won a few state championships in recent years and was runner-up in 2007.

While the miles (as the bird flies) from South Williamson to Bowling Green is about 280 miles, the drive would take approximately 5 hours if they were to go non-stop.

I am not disputing this but would like to info to back it up. I am just not sure it is true.

I don't have that kind of time nor will I call out a school. Then you all will be complaining that I making fun of school,families,fans,etc.. for lack of funds. This is my opinion and that is how I back it up. AGAIN, I don't care where they are held. I will be there. In due time we will see attendance results. If by chance I have to eat crow because I was wrong..I am really ok with that.

I think some people may be surprised at the turnout. You may actually see an increase in attendance in 1A, 2A, and 3A.

How? Didn't they move the Girls Sweet 16 to Bowling Green? And aren't they now complaining about the low attendance at that event?

Maybe it will get more of a Western KY draw out to the games, IDK, but I'm not putting much faith in it. I think, that with gas the way it is, the Eastern KY crowd will drop dramatically.

How? Didn't they move the Girls Sweet 16 to Bowling Green? And aren't they now complaining about the low attendance at that event?

Maybe it will get more of a Western KY draw out to the games, IDK, but I'm not putting much faith in it. I think, that with gas the way it is, the Eastern KY crowd will drop dramatically.

No. Attendance has actually started to rise and they have secured a long time sponsor with the Girls Sweet 16 in Bowling Green.

I don't have that kind of time nor will I call out a school. Then you all will be complaining that I making fun of school,families,fans,etc.. for lack of funds. This is my opinion and that is how I back it up. AGAIN, I don't care where they are held. I will be there. In due time we will see attendance results. If by chance I have to eat crow because I was wrong..I am really ok with that.

I was talking about Louisville being located in the middle of the state for most schools. That is why I bolded that part.

No. Attendance has actually started to rise and they have secured a long time sponsor with the Girls Sweet 16 in Bowling Green.

Not trying to be a pain, but do you have a source for that about the attendance? Because from what I have been told attendance has dropped.

It's an honest question, not trying to disagree.

Not trying to be a pain, but do you have a source for that about the attendance? Because from what I have been told attendance has dropped.

It's an honest question, not trying to disagree.

These are the championship game numbers from the last 4 years:

2008: Louisville Butler v. Franklin-Simpson (6071)

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet16/2008/stats/girls15box.htm

2007: Louisville Iroquois v. Lexington Christian (3503)

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet16/2007/stats/girls15box.htm

2006: Lexington Catholic v. Rose Hill (2451)

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet16/2006/stats/girls15box.htm

2005: Lexington Catholic v. Clinton County (3387)

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet16/2005/stats/girls15box.htm

My guess is, attendance is probably steady around 3300-3700 except for other factors. In 2006 you had Rose Hill, an incredibly small school that yes, is in eastern Kentucky, and then in 2008 you had Franklin-Simpson which is 30 minutes from Bowling Green. But going strictly by the numbers, there was a dip in '06 and a rise since then.

Additional Numbers

Wednesday Morning 3298

Wednesday Evening 4783

Thursday Morning 4418

Thursday Evening 4312

Friday Morning 5133

Friday Evening 5630

Saturday Morning 4737

Championship 6071

Average Attendance: 4797.75

Wednesday Morning 3220

Wednesday Evening 6460

Thursday Morning 3229

Thursday Evening 4222

Friday Morning 5605

Friday Evening 3378

Saturday Morning 3015

Championship 3503

Average Attendance: 4079

Wednesday Morning 2860

Wednesday Evening 6347

Thursday Morning 4539

Thursday Evening 3619

Friday Morning 3309

Friday Evening 3807

Saturday Morning 2841

Championship 2451

Average Attendance: 3721.625

Wednesday Morning 5021

Wednesday Evening 5163

Thursday Morning 4523

Thursday Evening 4415

Friday Morning 4733

Friday Evening 4678

Saturday Morning 3574

Championship 3387

Average Attendance: 4436.75

These numbers kind of bear out a little of what I was saying before. 2005 was a high point, then it dipped sharply in 2006 before rebounding in the next two years to a point higher than 2005.

They need to secure a sponsor(s) to pay for this stuff. Can't sell a sponsor if you don't have all the details....like the location.

Bowling Green is MORE centrally located for the entire state than Lexington or especially Louisville. Louisville is on the river and Lexington is pretty much eastern Kentucky.