Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

Not big enough...

Attendance from last years State Championships.

1A 3792

2A 5679

3A 7619

4A 7603

5A 6231

6A 15696

With this said,

Georgetown College would work out just fine: Toyota Stadium – Football and Soccer

Capacity 5,000 (Expandable to 20,000)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has gotten old going to Lou all those years. I will welcome the BG scene. It will feel more like a big game venue with the smaller seating but still accomodate everyone nicely. Cant wait to see it.

I will guarantee this that the staff at WKU will do everything they can to make it the best show possible. They are really excited about the opportunity to host the KHSAA and it could be a great way to show off the new work that has went on at WKU.

I understand why this is happening and really doesn't matter to me at this time. But the KHSAA will see a drop in attendance if it moves to Bowling Green. This has nothing to do with the town, facilities, etc of BG. Some fans, families just won't be able to afford to make the trip to support their team.
Exactly. Shame it can't be at the more centrally located Louisville site; but, hopefully, it's just a temporary inconvenience for the state.

Just the vast majority of the state. :thumb:
Such as who Birdsfan? It's an hour from Louisville (Trinity, X). About an hour 45 from Lexington (LCA). It's an hour 45 from Mayfield. It's an hour from Fort Campbell. It's an hour from Owensboro (Ocath). It's two hours from Paducah. It's an hour 45 from Danville. According to Google Maps, it's 35 miles longer from Pikeville to BG than from Pikeville to BG. It's 60 miles longer from Ashland to BG than Ashland to Louisville.

Again, tell me the vast numbers who will be inconvenienced by such a long drive?

Such as who Birdsfan? It's an hour from Louisville (Trinity, X). About an hour 45 from Lexington (LCA). It's an hour 45 from Mayfield. It's an hour from Fort Campbell. It's an hour from Owensboro (Ocath). It's two hours from Paducah. It's an hour 45 from Danville. According to Google Maps, it's 35 miles longer from Pikeville to BG than from Pikeville to BG. It's 60 miles longer from Ashland to BG than Ashland to Louisville.

Again, tell me the vast numbers who will be inconvenienced by such a long drive?

Louisville to Bowling Green is probably more like two hours plus for Trinity and X fans, most of whom live in the East End. I've never made it to Western's campus in less than two hours from where I grew up.

Louisville to Bowling Green is probably more like two hours plus for Trinity and X fans, most of whom live in the East End. I've never made it to Western's campus in less than two hours from where I grew up.

You are right. I'm thinking BG to E-town. Sounds like an hour 45 for most of the state outside of NKY

UK won't host it because 5 years ago during the KMEA State Marching Band finals (go ahead and laugh...get it out of your system) the field was torn up all over and they didn't take too kindly to that.

Since then, nothing but UK games has been hosted there. And there's really little chance of the state finals for football ever getting that field again.

EDIT: LT Smith is a really nice stadium now. The renovations look nice and the field is turf. The new home side of the stadium looks great, too. Players will love playing on that field just as much as U of L.