Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

I understand why this is happening and really doesn't matter to me at this time. But the KHSAA will see a drop in attendance if it moves to Bowling Green. This has nothing to do with the town, facilities, etc of BG. Some fans, families just won't be able to afford to make the trip to support their team.

So what you're are saying is the families of T and X players have less money than say Fort Campbell or Mayfield families?:confused:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It actually is a big, big money maker for them. Granted I assume that the money to rent the stadium is much less, but when two Louisville teams make the finals, that is big money.

Not really...You mean when it's T and X...That narrows it down quite a bit from "when 2 LVille teams make it", because it doesn't draw that well with the others... But, I think we should let those 2 dictate everything, don't you agree? After all, they're the only really worthy teams out there...:D

Not really...You mean when it's T and X...That narrows it down quite a bit from "when 2 LVille teams make it", because it doesn't draw that well with the others... But, I think we should let those 2 dictate everything, don't you agree? After all, they're the only really worthy teams out there...:D
Over 11,000 (and I think that was a low count) showed up for a regular season game at Papa John's by two Louisville public schools. It isn't 16,000 but I wouldn't say the other Louisville can't draw at all.

We are talking 90 miles down Interstate 65.....at the speed limit of 70mph.

That is a little over 1 hour of driving time from Louisville.

From London, Middlesboro, and Williamsburg, Bowling Green is aprox 1 hour from Russell Springs and 30 more mins. to London on hwy80. with traffic in Lexington I would think you could get to Bowling Green just as quick as you can to Louisville.

For me it would add 30 mins driving time, and If I had my choice I would choose Papa John's over Western, but I would follow my team where ever they went. :thumb:

I don't personally mind. But, if I were one of the far Eastern schools, I would. It's already a haul to get to Louisville from Belfry (for instance). It's "only 2 hours", but that's a lot more time when you've already driven a long haul. Just my opinion. Georgetown makes sense. It's pretty centrally located.

How bout Rawlings Stadium in Georgetown?

Not sure if they are interested but that Stadium is nice, centrally located, and holds a decent amount of people. Would be standing room only and a great atmosphere IMO.

No turf and by the time it gets through with Georgetown, Scott County and the state Soccer finals what kind of shape is it in?