Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

:lol:

Yeah, PBS would be a great venue! But that would be blasphemy, now wouldn't it? ;)For the record, we left home at 5:30 this morning, and passed Bowling Green at 9:15.

Wow! Do you honestly think that?! :eek:

Some may enjoy enormously expensive and time consuming drives, but most people do not.

So... where exactly are you headed? :lol::thumb:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

So... where exactly are you headed? :lol::thumb:

I was wondering how many minutes it would take for that to come up. ;) I only told you all because I knew how much you'd enjoy picking on me. I just couldn't deny you the pleasure. ;)

I don't have that kind of time nor will I call out a school. Then you all will be complaining that I making fun of school,families,fans,etc.. for lack of funds. This is my opinion and that is how I back it up. AGAIN, I don't care where they are held. I will be there. In due time we will see attendance results. If by chance I have to eat crow because I was wrong..I am really ok with that.

The attendance may be down, I agree, but I think the atmosphere will be even better! The stadium will be fuller and it will feel more like a big game than an empty college stadium.

If the Louisville or N.Kentucky teams don't go and support their teams, then the smaller venue shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Lastly, Has anyone ever heard of Pep buses or Charter buses to the game? They make great memories and are convienent to fans.

Plus, don't we gain an hour when you drive into the Central Time Zone? so a 5 hour trip you would only have to leave 4 hrs before game time to make it still?

I was wondering how many minutes it would take for that to come up. ;) I only told you all because I knew how much you'd enjoy picking on me. I just couldn't deny you the pleasure. ;)

:lol: Well I appreciate your kindness! Maybe you "Yankees" aren't so bad after all! :lol::lol::thumb:

I think its a great thing for athletics and our state's economy to move it around. I know they won't fool with basketball ever, just too perfect in KY. But the Western Part of the state will get some love for a change and I can see a lot of folks going to the game that just haven't ever been due to the drive. With that cutting my drive in half I can see myself showing up to at least one of the nights games. I just believe it will help our state more than hurt it. If a facility became available like commonwealth stadium, I wouldn't object to it going there for a couple of years either, spread the love around I say!!

Print one up for me as well. I'll be there wherever there ends up being.

Or maybe 80, could you make it say "Will Drive for FALCON FOOTBALL"?

I can not believe how many people are complaining about travel distance!

I could name off about 80 PARENTS who would WALK AND SWIM from IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN to be able to see the game, WHEREVER IT MAY BE PLAYED! Instead, they huddle around computers to LISTEN to games.

Be grateful for what you have and plan in the extra time and gas money, you've got plenty of time.... There are some things you can change, when you can't, sit down and go with it.

Or maybe 80, could you make it say "Will Drive for FALCON FOOTBALL"?

I can not believe how many people are complaining about travel distance!

I could name off about 80 PARENTS who would WALK AND SWIM from IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN to be able to see the game, WHEREVER IT MAY BE PLAYED! Instead, they huddle around computers to LISTEN to games.

Be grateful for what you have and plan in the extra time and gas money, you've got plenty of time.... There are some things you can change, when you can't, sit down and go with it.

Very sobering post, and very true. Thanks for putting it into perspective.

I'm thankful for the privileges I have and ashamed to say that I'm not always as mindful of the sacrifices made by others who help provide me those privileges.

This looks like a good place to end this discussion, at least for now.