Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

Ummmm....the Louisville fans I've seen posting in here have no problem with the move, that I noticed. :creepy: Just so you realize, Louisville and Northern Kentucky are not the same. :p Geographically, we're both on the river, but Northern Kentucky is much more North than Louisville. :D Shoot! The next thing you know, you'll lump Henderson and Owensboro in with Northern Kentucky! ;)

Now now, I've seen a few LA folks in this thread join the whiner chorus. :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you realize, Louisville and Northern Kentucky are not the same. :p Geographically, we're both on the river, but Northern Kentucky is much more North than Louisville.
Yes, we speak a peculiar language...have strange customs...and consume bizarre foods. But we are a gentle, welcoming tribal people.

:p:cool:

Great ideas...except for me.

Carpool.... the most common practice for people from Belfry. Stay outside of the city where hotel rooms are cheaper.

In 2003 when Belfry won their first state title Belfry played the Regional Finals at Middlesboro, the next week they travelled to Lloyd Memorial, and the Finals brought them to Louisville. That's about 25 hours of driving in the span of three weekends.

I know gas is not the same as in 2003, but I am fairly certain if you took a demogrpahical comparison of the Belfry fanbase and Highlands, you will find that the economic impact of those road trips were probably more effective on the Belfry folks, but not a word was said, and Belfry outnumbered the opposing teams fans in each matchup.

Highlands program has no problem with the trip. The Birds' fans will be out in full force. If Birdsfan doesn't show up, the game will still be played and the score will be the same.

Highlands program has no problem with the trip. The Birds' fans will be out in full force. If Birdsfan doesn't show up, the game will still be played and the score will be the same.

I'm glad you've enlightened us on that startling fact. :lol:

I won't go into the details; but none of the options you mentioned are viable for me personally.

As for the attacks on those "spoiled, rich Highlands fans," I thought we had all evolved far past that kind of talk. :rolleyes: :irked:

I'm glad you've enlightened us on that startling fact. :lol:

I won't go into the details; but none of the options you mentioned are viable for me personally.

As for the attacks on those "spoiled, rich Highlands fans," I thought we had all evolved far past that kind of talk. :rolleyes: :irked:

I never said anything about "spoiled and rich", I have several friends from Fort Thomas who attended Highlands and I would not consider any of them to be what I call "rich", and with the exception foa couple "daddy's girls" they definately aren't spoiled.. But I can say without hesitation from being in both areas and through my dealings with the afforementioned friends (Fort Thomas specifically, not just NKY) that the demographic of the two fan bases is considerably different in terms of economic backgrounds.

I am fairly certain if you took a demogrpahical comparison of the Belfry fanbase and Highlands, you will find that the economic impact of those road trips were probably more effective on the Belfry folks, but not a word was said...
This is what I was referring to. As if to say we are so much better off than the Belfry folks that we should just be quiet. I can assure you, we have plenty of folks here in town that are just getting by. But that discussion isn't the purpose of the thread.

This is what I was referring to. As if to say we are so much better off than the Belfry folks that we should just be quiet. I can assure you, we have plenty of folks here in town that are just getting by. But that discussion isn't the purpose of the thread.

I said economical background in my second post, only a part of that is wealth, other factors contribute.

The main point I think most here want to make is that the fans from Northern Kentucky and Louisville are no better than everyone else that has not been as close as they have for all these years. Then when you come off as this is the worst thing since the great depression birdsfan, then you give the impression that those are better than everyone else. Thats why you have people calling you out to explain the posts you have yet to address.