Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio listenership from Louisville will be up dramatically when played in BG

So much for "true fans" eh?

I've seen at least St. X fans travel.. and I really dont think listenership from there fan base will grow any. They seem pretty loyal! I'm sure Trinity, etc... will follow suite.

Why do they have Ashland in Johnson County?

And what road are they traveling on? I64 goes from Ashland through Lexington. I don't know of a more direct route to WKU then I64. Or, is this as the bird flies?

I don't think they are showing the route. They are just saying it's X number of miles from this city.

As long as they have hotdog and nachos at the stadium I could care less. If a person is going to travel from Ashland to watch the games in Louisville then they will travel to Bowling Green. I go for the football, NOT the night life, NOT the hotel accomodations, NOT anything else......... I go for the football. If it rains I take a rain suit, if it is cold I take warm clothes, and I watch ALL the games, but my favorites are the 1A and 2A games:thumb:......5A and 6A are my least favorite games:sleep: but I still enjoy watching them.

If you are coming from Eastern KY then the drive should be easier, if not shorter. You go down the Danial Boone Parkway.....Sorry the Hal Rogers Parkway to London, then across to 80 to Somerset, then continue across 80 to I-65 south about 20 miles to BG. It is a really easy drive. From Louisville just jump on I-65 and go south you can't miss it, its on your left.

Jezzzz, it is supposed to be about the football!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked to someone from UL today and was informed that they asked the KHSAA to wait until January to make a decision because the Big East football schedule is determined around that time. The KHSAA said no.

Does the KHSAA lose anything by waiting until then to make this decision? Why does the BOC have to make this decision on October 24th, over a year ahead of the 2009 Finals? (Please don't say they need a year of planning.)

So what you're are saying is the families of T and X players have less money than say Fort Campbell or Mayfield families?:confused:

Since you took it the wrong way I'll explain myself better. This is not about T and X. This is about families/fans/students from all schools in general driving to a location that is not centrally located. Louisville/Lexington are PRETTY much located in the middle of the state for MOST schools. In my opinion that is where it should be held if at all possible.

Please don't assume either that every family from T/X have loads of cash to travel anywhere and or anytime they want.

I talked to someone from UL today and was informed that they asked the KHSAA to wait until January to make a decision because the Big East football schedule is determined around that time. The KHSAA said no.

Does the KHSAA lose anything by waiting until then to make this decision? Why does the BOC have to make this decision on October 24th, over a year ahead of the 2009 Finals? (Please don't say they need a year of planning.)

They need to secure a sponsor(s) to pay for this stuff. Can't sell a sponsor if you don't have all the details....like the location.