Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season

EKUAlum05

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 hour drive from NKY should not be an issue. EKY teams make the long drive. Cincy teams go to Canton every year and they show up in droves.

My only concern about BG is parking on campus. If the students are still in school there aren't a lot of spaces to be had.

Great stadium for high school finals.

^ It actually is a big, big money maker for them. Granted I assume that the money to rent the stadium is much less, but when two Louisville teams make the finals, that is big money.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be), KHSAA paid very little to rent PJCS. UofL made money on parking and concessions.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be), KHSAA paid very little to rent PJCS. UofL made money on parking and concessions.

That very well maybe true. The normal fee for the pizza box is $10K.....I don't know if U of L waives that or not, as they always get concessions and parking, even when we rent it.

I understand why this is happening and really doesn't matter to me at this time. But the KHSAA will see a drop in attendance if it moves to Bowling Green. This has nothing to do with the town, facilities, etc of BG. Some fans, families just won't be able to afford to make the trip to support their team.

:dancingpa:dancingpa

This is great news for me and many others!

I know some people feel that the attendance will drop.. but we'll see how it goes. If it really does go to BG, you'll see more people from around the WKY and South Central Kentucky area attend then you would if it was in Louisville. So maybe it'll almost equal out!

If they could afford to come to Louisville, they certainly can afford BG.

Again...don't care where it is. I have to be there regardless. I am stating an opinion of what I see happening. Only time will tell. Attendance is going to be down this year as well.

I wonder if attendance for the Girls Sweet 16 dropped when it was moved from Frankfort to Bowling Green.

In the beginning yes. But I think it has recovered nicely after the first 2 years.

BG is a nice spot for it. Other than it not being closer to the middle of the state I have no problems with it being in BG.

I think that the KHSAA will notice that attendance will be down, and then that will dictate where it goes from here. Now, as far as the finals are concerned if Trinity is in it, I will be there, spending the night.

I agree that attendance will likely take a hit, but IMO the driving factor in their decision will be when they can play it as much as it is where. They may start having a bye week in between the semis and the finals, but I don't ever see them moving to Thursday or Sunday to get around the Saturday commitment for Louisville.

I actually think that many of the Louisville area fans will enjoy the experience. I have always enjoyed staying the night with all the fans, the parties, ect.. It is alot more fun than getting up leaving the house and driving to the stadium like is done durning the season. Granted I'm sure the T & X fans have developed their own traditions in Louisville. Anyway, you Louisville fans may find it is fun staying. The drive up when Mayfield plays is always interesting because the road is packed with our fans and when you stop for gas or to eat along the way you see your teams fans everywhere which is kind of cool. For me the move is great, it's alot closer