Everything posted by Thomas Magnum
-
Whitley County 6 Williamsburg 1
Good game by the Colonels, pitching was solid, even with the two errors. It was not the effort at the plate I excepted but like my mother used to say 1 is a good as a 100, and 6-1 fits the bill as the Colonels wen their fourth in a row, and move to 2-0 in the district.
-
Whitley County 12 Williamsburg 0
Ted Clifford was basicly untouchable for the Colonels tonight. Only two or three base runners (an error and a walk may have been it) with one base runner eliminated in a nice double play. Barton for Williamsburg pitched well but could not keep up with the Colonels. I was suprised to see Moses in the game in the 7th. I figured they would have to use him tomorrow at WCHS. Now the Colonels have seen him and hit him. Who will take the mound for the Jackets in the game tomorrow at the County? I would guess Dave Rose will pitch for Whitley.
-
Whitley County 12 Williamsburg 0
Actually I think it was 7-0 through 6 innings, Whitley was still batting with two outs after scoring 5 in the 7th inning when the game was called since Williamsburg could not hold onto the ball and the College softball game continued. Good Job Colonels.
-
2009 Whitley County
Everything is quite in Colonel Country, what has been brewing on the Boulevard of Champions? Jim Black coming up with anything new? We have not heard anything since spring practice ended.
-
2009 Whitley County
BACK TO WHITLEY With the spring practice window for Whitley closing soon, who are some of the kids stepping up for the Colonels. I know that had some really talanted underclassmen last year, are they progressing like the Colonel Nation would hope?
-
Corbin vs. Eastern Predictions
That could really change the complextion of the game, with Coach P having to change is sub rotations. I think the game boils down to the ablility of Isaac Wilson to handle the ball against more athletic defenders than he sees in the 13th region. To that end I think Coach P did a great job of playing some challenging games to ready his team for this stage.
-
2009 Whitley County
Whitley has a very challenging schedule. Jim Black does a great job in preparing his team, and this schedule will help him to prepare his team for the post season. I do believe that they did graduate 2 different 1000 yard rushers but they return the offensive line, which will give the guys who are plugged into the vacancies a chance to replicate the efforts of the departed seniors. I don't know if Whitley can again have the sparkling record that they had last year but they certianly have a chance to be just as good. Last year they were 12-2 and only lost to state champions in Bell County and Highlands. You have to respect the fact that the Colonels are doing their best to take it to the next level by taking on some very respected programs. They will get much more out of playing the new additions to the schedule than some other altenatives. I think it is great that the Colonels are playing the challenging schedule, it will give an opportunity for them to showcase some of the great lineman that they have returning. Yes the Colonels graduated some excellant football players but Coach Black is grooming the younger Colonels to take up the challenge and move forward.
-
2009 Lynn Camp
Coach Dave Mitchell does a great job and I look for more of the same. Lynn Camp will hit and tackle and play hard they just need more bodies.
-
13th region Baseball
I think that the Rob Ledington taking over the Whitley program will have a immediate effect on the Colonels, much like the effect he had on Bell County last year. I am not saynig they will win the region but they will be a much improved team.
-
50th District Seeding
Sounds like something Willard Farris would say.....one of the most underrated over looked coaches in Kentucky.
-
50th District Seeding
And it is a repetitive tourny, we had the same one last year
-
Whitley County 50 Rockcastle County 41
Anytime you can go on the road, come from behind and win, it is good.
-
Whitley County 50 Rockcastle County 41
Whitley County goes on the road in the 12th region and comes from behind to win by 9. Not much offense from the Colonels but excellant defense.
-
Helmet Decals... Please Help!!!
The Whitley County Colonel helmet has changed since the one post here on the first page. It is now black metalic with no center stripe. It has the same red "W" on both sides with cross blades on the back of the helmet, this was the first year of the black hemet.
-
Players that you're gonna miss...
I am going to miss alot of players, the nameless players who work their tailends off and after HS will never step foot on the field again. You see those guys go out every Friday night and work hard for the simple fun of playing the game, some not getting in the game but for a play or two. Although they will never be named here on BGP they will never forget the feeling of being a part of the team and win or lose know that they were a part of TEAM. They are my HEROS!!!!! Good luck guys!!!!
-
Congrats to Corbin LB Jimmy Rossi
Nice to see an athlete remove that stereo type of the dumb football player. Way to go, and keep up the GREAT WORK in college.
-
Jeffersontown 84 McCreary Central 71
Interesting, indeed. Looking at the above box score, Watts was the only Raider in double figures. I think to have alot of success in the post season you need more well rounded scoring, on more that one person carrying the load,(and Watts is a heck of a load). I would like to see Corbin play J-Town. I think it would be a heck of a game. I would pick Corbin based on the fact that they do have a bunch of guys who can score and from all over the floor. Having not seen J-Town I really cannot judge them but Corbin is a bear of a basketball team.
-
50th District Seeding
You are right, that is one reason I say that Steve Wright is the best coach in the district. South will be well prepared for Whitley but I am sure that Chris Baker will have some tricks up is sleeve for the Cards, but will it be enough? Only time will tell, but the bottom line is South is pretty good.
-
50th District Seeding
That is a bold statement. I think that Corbin is the favorite, they are the most talanted, although South has the best Coach, he can't make any buckets for the team. Corbin is deeper on the bench, and has a better starting five.
-
Knox Central/Whitley County game cancelled
What reason was given for the cancellation? Regardless of the outcome I think both teams need to be playing this time of year.
-
50th District Seeding
Impressive or not, the Colonels are 9-4 since Christmas, and very easily could have been 10-3. They have improved as the season has gone on, remember this time last year they were on a long losing streak. I think you are trying to put the "WHAMMY" on the Colonels, kind of like telling a pitcher he has a no hitter.
-
50th District Seeding
I think that is pretty much the thinking of everyone who has watched the 50th much this year. I wll also add that I think that who ever wins the 50th wins the region, and I think if Whitley were able to get to the region, they could make a nice run there.
-
50th District Seeding
This is the same Tourny we had last year........
-
Southwestern 62 Lincoln County 36
Plus 32 in rebounding, how many of those were offensive rebounds?
-
Whitley County 79 Middlesboro 75 (OT)
Whitley came from 11 down at the half to tie the game in regulation. The Colonels out scored the Yellow Jackets 18-14 in overtime to win. Storms finished with 22 points and 12 rebounds, Lowrie had 17 points and 7 rebounds. The Colonels improve to 13-11 on the year. Don Butcher sparks Whitley with great on ball defense, and chips in with 9 second half points.