Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50th District Seeding

Featured Replies

1. Corbin

2. south

3. Whitley

4. Williamsburg

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Corbin

2. south

3. Whitley

4. Williamsburg

 

 

What are the dates and times for these games?

 

Monday 23rd:

Corbin vs Williamsburg

Tuesday 24th:

South Laurel vs Whitley County

  • Author

8:15 for both of those games, Bubba.

  • Author

South girls got the top seed, Whitley the second, Corbin the third and Williamsburg the fourth.

  • Author

Good observation. LOL

 

Should be a good tourney.

So I guess Corbin won the flip for the second year in a row.

How do you see it playing out Les? Can the Jackets or Colonels pull the upset on the Boys' side of things? Should be a good environment in Mountjoy gym. I heard they were about sold out of reserved seats already.

  • Author

Yeah, I believe 25 reserved seats left.

Williamsburg has the talent to keep things close for a while against Corbin, but in the end, the Redhounds have too much talent.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were a 13 to 15 point game, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the final margin to be 30 to 40 points either.

 

As for Tuesday's game, I think it's simple, if Whitley can get St. John in foul trouble early, then the Colonels can win by six or seven. If not, then South will win by seven to 10 points. Lowrie, Crawford and Storms could play big roles in this game.

 

So with that said, I look for Corbin to win and South to pull out a SLIM win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Whitley won.

 

As fot the finals ... That will be revealed at a later date, but I honestly feel like Corbin is 10 points better than anyone in the 13th Region.

I think lots will be revealed in the last few games of the regular season. Can the Hounds continue to punish opponents? Will the Colonels continue their hot streak since Christmas? Has South in store a few surprises like Sizemore and Huff that can push them over the top? Will the Jackets get on a win streak to finish things up? Too many questions and too little time. Should be a good show regardless of how it shakes out.

Yeah, I believe 25 reserved seats left.

Williamsburg has the talent to keep things close for a while against Corbin, but in the end, the Redhounds have too much talent.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were a 13 to 15 point game, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the final margin to be 30 to 40 points either.

 

As for Tuesday's game, I think it's simple, if Whitley can get St. John in foul trouble early, then the Colonels can win by six or seven. If not, then South will win by seven to 10 points. Lowrie, Crawford and Storms could play big roles in this game.

 

So with that said, I look for Corbin to win and South to pull out a SLIM win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Whitley won.

 

As fot the finals ... That will be revealed at a later date, but I honestly feel like Corbin is 10 points better than anyone in the 13th Region.

 

 

I think that is pretty much the thinking of everyone who has watched the 50th much this year. I wll also add that I think that who ever wins the 50th wins the region, and I think if Whitley were able to get to the region, they could make a nice run there.

Obviously I expect another Corbin vs. South rematch. Williamsburg has talent but I'd say Corbin takes them. As for Whitley, they aren't really impressive on a consistant basis as their record indicates. However, when they are on, they can play with and potentially beat any team in the 13th region. They have had so many close calls with South over the past two seasons. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see them knock the cards off. I wish all 4 teams the best of luck but will obviously be pulling for my hounds.

 

Corbin 84

Williamsburg 59 (Corbin pulls away late but Williamsburg plays very hard)

 

South Laurel 55

Whitley 60

 

I don't expect it but as a fan I'm going to go out on a limb and say that The Colonels shock the region and end the reign for the "Dynasty" as they like to refer to themselves up in London. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if South won this by 30 and went on to go back to Rupp Arena either.

 

In the Finals

 

Corbin 70

Whitley County 58

  • Author

Hank

I always agree with almost everything you say, but I've never heard anyone from London or South consider or call themselves a dynasty. I mean just because they are 6-0 in 50th District Tourney play since moving to the 50th District or 9-0 in the 13th Region Tourney since moving in in 2005-06 and a combined 15-0 in post-season play since coming over from the 12th Region three years ago. I mean the last time a team won three 13th Region titles in a row was back when ole Bobby Keith's Clay County Tigers were dominating the 13th Region.

Winning a state title while going 6-3 during the state tournament the past four years is something of a norm for teams in the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th Regions, I guess.

Edited by Les

Quit holding back and tell us how you really feel, Les.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.