Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50th District Seeding

Featured Replies

Hank

I always agree with almost everything you say, but I've never heard anyone from London or South consider or call themselves a dynasty. I mean just because they are 6-0 in 50th District Tourney play since moving to the 50th District or 9-0 in the 13th Region Tourney since moving in in 2005-06 and a combined 15-0 in post-season play since coming over from the 12th Region three years ago. I mean the last time a team won three 13th Region titles in a row was back when ole Bobby Keith's Clay County Tigers were dominating the 13th Region.

Winning a state title while going 6-3 during the state tournament the past four years is something of a norm for teams in the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th Regions, I guess.

 

 

For a change, I actually wasn't taking a jab at South with the dynasty comment.:lol: They are without question the closest thing to a dynasty since the Clay days though. I remember last year up at Central they were all throwing up that Dynasty sign that Ramel Bradley did and a bunch of the students were wearing shirts that spelled out Dynasty at Rupp all in good fun.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is pretty much the thinking of everyone who has watched the 50th much this year. I wll also add that I think that who ever wins the 50th wins the region, and I think if Whitley were able to get to the region, they could make a nice run there.

 

I'll go one further and say that the 50th winner or runner up will win the 13th region.

Obviously I expect another Corbin vs. South rematch. Williamsburg has talent but I'd say Corbin takes them. As for Whitley, they aren't really impressive on a consistant basis as their record indicates. However, when they are on, they can play with and potentially beat any team in the 13th region. They have had so many close calls with South over the past two seasons. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see them knock the cards off. I wish all 4 teams the best of luck but will obviously be pulling for my hounds.

 

Corbin 84

Williamsburg 59 (Corbin pulls away late but Williamsburg plays very hard)

 

South Laurel 55

Whitley 60

I don't expect it but as a fan I'm going to go out on a limb and say that The Colonels shock the region and end the reign for the "Dynasty" as they like to refer to themselves up in London. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if South won this by 30 and went on to go back to Rupp Arena either.

 

In the Finals

 

Corbin 70

Whitley County 58

 

Impressive or not, the Colonels are 9-4 since Christmas, and very easily could have been 10-3. They have improved as the season has gone on, remember this time last year they were on a long losing streak.

 

 

I think you are trying to put the "WHAMMY" on the Colonels, kind of like telling a pitcher he has a no hitter.

  • Author

Whitley County is a DANGEROUS team. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see the Colonels making a run in the region if they get by South Laurel. I really like the job coach Baker and his staff has been doing. The kids BELIEVE in Baker and that's a huge step toward success.

Les, have you heard that Corbin's game on Friday may not be played?

  • Author

No, I talked to Coach P yesterday and he never said anything about that. Isn't that team they're supposed to play, play Clay Saturday?

 

PM if you know more.

  • Author

4CHS,

They are playing. Just confirmed it.

I heard a rumor, one that hope isn't true....Has anyone heard that Lebanion, Powers, and a couple of other players from Whitley have left the team? This may be old news for some but it was new to me. The last time I watched them play Lebanion & Powers were still on the floor. Both these players are assets to Bakers squad. I was looking forward to a rematch with South during District.

I heard a rumor, one that hope isn't true....Has anyone heard that Lebanion, Powers, and a couple of other players from Whitley have left the team? This may be old news for some but it was new to me. The last time I watched them play Lebanion & Powers were still on the floor. Both these players are assets to Bakers squad. I was looking forward to a rematch with South during District.

 

I think that Powers left the team, along with one or two more that were not getting any PT, Lebanion is still with the team the last I heard.

  • Author

I believe Powers left, but that's all.

I believe Powers left, but that's all.

 

Powers left the team, Lovett left the team and Smith left the team from the original roster. I am afraid 4CHS is right again Les.

  • Author

To be honest, I wasn't saying he was wrong. I was just stating Powers is the one kid I thought that left that played some varsity time. Do the others play at the jayvee level, Bubba?

  • Author

It's nice though that you are keeping up with Whitley, though, Bubba.

To be honest, I wasn't saying he was wrong. I was just stating Powers is the one kid I thought that left that played some varsity time. Do the others play at the jayvee level, Bubba?

 

The Lovett boy played some varsity last year.

  • Author

Is he related to Stan?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.