Adam Dunn traded to Arizona

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the return, pending the PTBNL, says alot about the perception of Dunn around the league.

Then you're not familair with August waiver deals.

No team is going to give up much for a guy that they plan on renting. If Dunn had more than 3 months left on his contract then the Reds could have demanded more. This was a salary dump.

Lets hope the Dunn/Buck trade turns out like the Doyle Alexander/John Smoltz deal. I'm sure the Braves fans said "who the heck is this Smoltz kid?"

No team is going to give up much for a guy that they plan on renting. If Dunn had more than 3 months left on his contract then the Reds could have demanded more. This was a salary dump.

Lets hope the Dunn/Buck trade turns out like the Doyle Alexander/John Smoltz deal. I'm sure the Braves fans said "who the heck is this Smoltz kid?"

Actually I am fimiliar with them. It still says a lot...

The D-backs radio guy is 700wlw. He says it's a terrible trade.

On the contrary Tracy Jones, Marty and all Reds people all agree that it was a good move for the Reds.

The D-backs man says Buck was a 3 round pick, had TJS last June. He said the guy was on the radar, and is a decent prospect but not close to being MLB ready.

Actually I am fimiliar with them. It still says a lot...

If you're familiar with them, you can't be surprised.

Show me another waiver wire deal for an expensive rental player where the sending team got much in return.

It seems very likely that the Reds would have gotten a couple of draft picks if Dunn was lost through free agency. That being the case, the compensation package from Arizona has to be weighed against that.

Until the PTBNLs are identified, this is a hard deal to call.

It seems very likely that the Reds would have gotten a couple of draft picks if Dunn was lost through free agency. That being the case, the compensation package from Arizona has to be weighed against that.

Until the PTBNLs are identified, this is a hard deal to call.

:thumb:

It ain't very often that the MLB leader in homeruns is traded during the waiver period. Most the time it's the Jeff Conine's of the world being dealt.