Jacob Tamme as a Colt

Now that the draft is over and Jacob Tamme has been drafted by the Colts, what does everyone think about him going to Indy?

There have been some threads on the QB's in this draft, I just thought that QB wasn't the only position on the field to talk about.

I personally think that this will be a very good fit for him. Tamme is a class act, hard working old school football player. He is one of my favorite all time Wildcat football players. I believe that the Colts need a tight end and they (Colts) led by T. Dungee and P. Manning are just about as classy as it gets in the NFL.

Good luck to former Boyle Co. Rebel , U.K. Wildcat Jacob Tamme as an Indianapolis Colt.

(I do get a feeling that Tamme will not be wearing #18 though.....:lol:)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the draft is over and Jacob Tamme has been drafted by the Colts, what does everyone think about him going to Indy?

There have been some threads on the QB's in this draft, I just thought that QB wasn't the only position on the field to talk about.

I personally think that this will be a very good fit for him. Tamme is a class act, hard working old school football player. He is one of my favorite all time Wildcat football players. I believe that the Colts need a tight end and they (Colts) led by T. Dungee and P. Manning are just about as classy as it gets in the NFL.

Good luck to former Boyle Co. Rebel , U.K. Wildcat Jacob Tamme as an Indianapolis Colt.

(I do get a feeling that Tamme will not be wearing #18 though.....:lol:)

Hmmmmmm. What gives you that impression? Is it that Tamme is a TE and the league may have a problem with him wearing something other than an 80 or 40 number? Or perhaps its already taken? But for a stand up guy like Tamme the front office could be willing to force a switch and let Jacob get it. Or he could go with 88, I don't think anyone with importance has that up in Indy.:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness though I think this is a good fit for Tamme. The Colts love to use their TE's and they also love their versitile TE's who can catch and score the football. Tamme is certainly that. The Colts have also showed that other than Dallas Clark they are pretty expendable with their TE's which means it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see them cut some guys who regularly get some PT. I think Dungy will find that Tamme is going to be a lot better than they ever thought and that his size will not play no where near the factor as pretty much every team thinks that its going to.

Congratulations to Jacob for making the NFL, job well done. As a Boyle Co and UK fan, I will be keeping up with his progress during his stay at Indy. By the way,he worn no.10 at Boyle Co.:dancingpa

One of my favorite Wildcats ever! I love it that he's a Colt! He's got a chance to work with one of the best QB's ever, Utecht is a Bengal which opens the door for Tamme and he gets to work with Dallas Clark who will teach him a lot. The Colts use a good bit of TE and get creative putting their TE's in the slot. With Marvin almost out of time I think he has a chance to be part of a Gonzo,Clark,Wayne+Tamme 4 wide set for quite some time!