Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jacob Tamme as a Colt

Featured Replies

Good team for Tamme, good receiver but not a good blocker. He will have the time and the coaching he needs to become a quality player.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Wolford said that he fully expects Tamme to play about 30% of the snaps for the Colts in this upcoming season, if that happens Jacob may catch about 20 balls. Not bad for a rookie.

This is from the Colts website and their current TE situation...

 

Justin Snow FA-00 (Longsnapper)

Dallas Clark (Obviously he is not going anywhere)

Mike Siedman (UFA-07)

Gino Robinson (FA-08)

Bryan Fletcher (FA-05)

Jacob Tamme (D4-08)

 

I think Tamme has a great shot of being the #2 TE for the Colts.. which in their system sees a lot of action.

Bryan Fletcher will be the #2 this year. He has started to blossom and is the main reason Utecht is gone.

I agree, the size of Tamme's heart will far outweigh any disadvantage that some think that he will have. I may be wrong but I also think that J.T. just may end up being the more sucsessful of all of the draftees from our Ky. schools (U.K./U.L./EKU) this season. Only time will tell and I wish all of them good luck and want to see them do well.

(If anyone from any other in state school was drafted then I apologize and just missed it, I am pretty sure that I saw where an EKU player was drafted, I could be wrong though)

 

You were correct!! EKU's Molden Selected by Houston Texas in Third Round of NFL Draft

 

http://www.ovcsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6200&ATCLID=1449172

Bryan Fletcher will be the #2 this year. He has started to blossom and is the main reason Utecht is gone.

I think Utecht being gone (to Cincy) has a lot more to do with himself blossiming rather than Fletcher.

 

Here are Fletcher's #'s the past couple of seasons with Indy:

 

2008: 18 receptions, 143 yards, 0 TDs

2007: 18 receptions, 202 yards, 2 TDs

 

While he has definitley improved and is right now the #2, I do not think it is a stretch to think Tamme can take that from Fletcher.

This is from the Colts website and their current TE situation...

 

Justin Snow FA-00 (Longsnapper)

Dallas Clark (Obviously he is not going anywhere)

Mike Siedman (UFA-07)

Gino Robinson (FA-08)

Bryan Fletcher (FA-05)

Jacob Tamme (D4-08)

 

I think Tamme has a great shot of being the #2 TE for the Colts.. which in their system sees a lot of action.

 

Colts drafted another TE later in the draft. His name escapes me right now.

I'm happy for Tamme. Teams are finally starting to figure out that character counts when plunking down money for these draft picks and the Colts got themselves a high-character guy. He'll be just fine in Indy.

  • Author
I'm happy for Tamme. Teams are finally starting to figure out that character counts when plunking down money for these draft picks and the Colts got themselves a high-character guy. He'll be just fine in Indy.

 

Character certainly counts IN INDY :thumb:, Tony Dungee is a class act and as fine a Christian man as there is in the NFL and beyond.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.