Eli bashers...

I have sometimes made negative comments about Eli but it has always been because of what all the Giants gave up to get him in the draft. Still, the guy has helped run an offense that is headed to the NFC Championship. Course, his counterpart in the draft Phillip Rivers is also headed to the AFC Championship.

Fact remains, the trade happened, the Giants are starting to finally get things up and running, and now are going to be in the NFC Championship. Can't be too upset with that.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sometimes made negative comments about Eli but it has always been because of what all the Giants gave up to get him in the draft. Still, the guy has helped run an offense that is headed to the NFC Championship. Course, his counterpart in the draft Phillip Rivers is also headed to the AFC Championship.

Fact remains, the trade happened, the Giants are starting to finally get things up and running, and now are going to be in the NFC Championship. Can't be too upset with that.

You forgot the other part of that trade. Merriman.

I've been critical of Eli at times...rightly so. He has played some AWFUL games. However, I've seen what he can do in many games. He's shown the ability to be a great quarterback in this league...and he has led his team to the NFC championship game! Who would have thought that coming into this year?

I have been down on Eli to an extent for good reason. I think he gets too much of the blame but he hasn't been consistant in the past much like Rivers. Both of them are young, both have potential, Eli has more pressure but I have been doubtful (and still am) of both of these guys. They are playing well right now but if it comes down to Manning+Rivers or Brady+Farve then it's a no brainer! Congrats on the win but they aren't in the same league right now.

I am both a Giants fan and an Eli basher (I'm sure halfback 20 can relate). Eli has played very well in the two playoff games this season. He has controlled the offense and led them on some big drives (that drive at the end of the first half today was HUGE!!!). Eli has done a great job of limiting his mistakes and allowing the game to come to him rather than forcing throws or taking dumb sacks waiting for plays to break open.

I hope he keeps it going next week versus Green Bay!

You forgot the other part of that trade. Merriman.

You are correct however my point typically has always been that the Giants had the option of two good Qbs and they decided that Eli was worth enough to give up not just Rivers but extra picks to obtain him. The point isn't really who San Diego picked though you nor I mentioned Nate Kaeding either. The point was and always had been the draft picks given up w/ Rivers.

I'm here. Let's remember that Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, and Rex Grossman have led their teams to the Super Bowl. So, let's not treat this like he's suddendly great or something. I'll say this...I'll switch my statement that I'd rather have Rick Romo with the ball in the 4th quarter than Eli. How's that?