Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gish28

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gish28

  1. That's not necessarily true. Some people just fall through the cracks in the recruiting process. Adam Emmenecker of Drake, who was this year's Missouri Valley Conference Player of the year, was a former walk-on. And I know you say its Drake. But what was Drake? A 5 seed? Or look at football. Dallas Clark was a walk-on LB at Iowa. Now look at him. I play football in NAIA but I was at a D1 school originally. And I see kids all the time, at my school and at others, that could play D1 but weren't recruited by any big schools. I will tell you right now there are alot of kids at Gtown that could play at UK in football.
  2. Well I'm pretty sure that BCG is a lot smarter then any of us on this board. So if he feels that Landon is capable of playing at that level, then I would say more then like he is.... regardless of what some of the "experts" of this site may believe.
  3. From what I have read nobody has "bashed" Henderson. Why is that even necessary in this thread?
  4. He will accept a Preferred Walk-on offer from Billy Clyde. A good catch for the Cats. Congrats to Landon.
  5. Dead on assessment of the game. I could not agree more.
  6. Paintsville 22 Holmes 21
  7. Paintsville was also without Bundy for the Catholic game.
  8. Amen to that.. I saw him at the All-A against Paintsville and thought he was the 4th best player on the floor.
  9. So happy for Paintsville's kids. I have watched Slone since he was about 7 and he was has wanted a chance in Rupp for a VERY long time. Glad to see him and the rest of the Tigers represent the 15th well.
  10. I watched Hopson at the All-A against Paintsville and he wasn't even the best player on his team (that game), let alone the best player on the floor. His teammate Edmonson , along with Slone and Grimm of Paintsville, all three impressed me more then he did. Grimm (maybe 6'2) went right at him the entire game and put up 29 I believe. I'd be very surprised to see him as Mr. Basketball.
  11. IMO after watching this game, i felt that Edmonson was the best player on their team. He hit big shot after big shot and won this game for them. Hopson doesn't have much of a jump shot, he missed several shots that were , for lack of a better term, bricks. He is extremely athletic and does handle the ball well for his size, and can be force on the defensive end. But I felt that he didn't dominate the post like someone his size should , especially playing a team like Paintsville who isn't a very big team. I'll go as far to say that in this game on this day he was the 4th best player on the court. Edmonson, Slone, Grimm all outplayed him. And I know I will be criticized for such a statement but that just how I saw it from the stands.:banana:
  12. Prestonsburg returns nearly their entire team from this past year. Should hear alot of Allen Craynon next year. Had 2000 yards rushing and 27 TDs. Fellow junior Seth Setser has around 950 yards russhing and 13 TD's.
  13. One that really really irks me about being left off of atleast Honorable Mention is Prestonsburg's Allen Craynon. Craynon finished the season with 2004 yards in 13 games to go along with 27 Touchdowns. All the the while he was splitting carries with fellow Junior Seth Setser who had 944 yards and 11 TDs himself. While all of the kids that made the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams are definitely worthy, I don't see how you leave a kid off of HM with stats like Craynon's. I think anyone that played Pburg this year or saw them play will agree that this kid is a player and deserved to be on it. Especially when you have a kid on there that has 1262 less yards then Allen does. Absolute joke!
  14. Prestonsburg Beechwood Ashland Corbin Breathitt Co. Sheldon Clark Pikeville Hazard Then the 3 District Games Shelby Valley Morgan Co. Bath Co.
  15. Not really surprised by this one...Belfry is a totally different animal then anyone in 3A. They are IMO one of the top 3 teams in the state.
  16. Are you really going to let your Brown colored glasses really let you say something like that??? Prestonsburg was up the entire game. We were up 20-13 going into the 4th. And then put in cheap one with about a minute to go when the ball could have been downed...Pburg gave this game away tonight.
  17. Can anyone provide me with a picture of Manual's stadium? I have heard alot about it , but can't seem to find a picture anywhere online.
  18. They play the same number of teams (2) that Desales played. Those are ten game stats.
  19. http://www.khsaa.org/football/2007/stats2.htm
  20. Prestonsburg played pretty solid tonight.
  21. How weird is it these two teams not hooking up this year? Even with Belfry's dominance of late, it would have been nice to see the series to continue.
  22. What does that have to do with this year?
  23. oneijoe, just so you know it is spelled SETSER not setzer haha.
  24. Even though i would choose Pburg regardless with the loss of Tim Honaker I will take the Blackcats by 21.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.