Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class AA favorites for 2008-2009

Featured Replies

What team and/or players will be stand outs in AA next year? Who loses the most and who loses the least?

Prestonsburg returns nearly their entire team from this past year. Should hear alot of Allen Craynon next year. Had 2000 yards rushing and 27 TDs. Fellow junior Seth Setser has around 950 yards russhing and 13 TD's.

After the loss in the finals NCC does return there Qb Kues and Rb Kelly... but they lost alot at the WR position but they will be there once again along with danville, ft campbell, and bardstown

DeSales is graduating 11 Seniors. They have a large number of underclassmen returning that includes players from an undefeated freshman team in 06. Look for the Colts to be in State contention once again.

Same Ole usual suspects, sounds like to me...It would be easier just to name the standard 7-8 programs and say take your pick...

Corbin, NCC, Danville, Bardstown, Ft Campbell, OB Catholic, Pres'burg & MBoro..that ought to just about do it...

Most all of Danville's key performers are sophs and juniors. I would expect that with an extra year of seasoning they will be a big threat to win it all.

Hunter Adams from Middlesboro should be a standout.

Fort Campbell loses a few key players (QB, C, WRs, LB, & S), but also returns a majority of both lines, and two good RBs. I expect them to make it deep into the playoffs again in 2008.

Same Ole usual suspects, sounds like to me...It would be easier just to name the standard 7-8 programs and say take your pick...

Corbin, NCC, Danville, Bardstown, Ft Campbell, OB Catholic, Pres'burg & MBoro..that ought to just about do it...

 

From WKY I would also add Trigg County and maybe Caldwell County to the list. From CKY I would include Green County and Metcalfe County.

From WKY I would also add Trigg County and maybe Caldwell County to the list. From CKY I would include Green County and Metcalfe County.

 

I hope you're right. I'm not sure what Trigg and Caldwell have coming back. I do think Green Co loses alot and up until this past year, haven't been on the same plane as the typical 7 or 8. Metcalfe loses there QB and that's big. I'd like to see them do good, as well.

Who all returns for Corbin? If they return some of the guys I saw WOW they are going to be tough

Corbin returns all 3 running backs (#8 Fritts, #42 Watkins for their Junior seasons and #34 Campbell for his senior season). They also return some solid linemen. They lose a lot of key contributers but still return a great deal. Look for the Hounds to go back to the Corbin style of old which is line up and dare you to stop the run. Corbin may not put up 40 some points per game but they are going to be hard to stop on the ground. Look for them to be right in the mix next season.

I think AA is the toughest class or the most equal class of all

if you do not bring your A game you lose. With that being

said all the teams mentioned have a chance to be very solid.

Central Kentucky will again be interesting but I think Green

was a team that two platooned and from my understanding

they only lost 3 starters or players on defense and 3 on the

offensive side of the ball plus their kicker. Quarterback and

Tailback are back for sure. Again Green could a team that

should be watched from 2-28 to 17-5 in the last two years.

Changes have been made that is evident and the players

have responded.

After the loss in the finals NCC does return there Qb Kues and Rb Kelly... but they lost alot at the WR position but they will be there once again along with danville, ft campbell, and bardstown

 

I know that NewCath lost some very good Dlinemen as well. I look to see a few Sophomore's on the line next year for NewCath.

I like covington HC chances this year, the defence should very strong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.