Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scotty Hopson

Featured Replies

I was just browsing around the Internet and came across a story about Scotty Hopson not winning the 2nd Region's top senior award. How is it possible that the first McDonald's All-American in sometime and argueably (or is it?) the state's best player wasn't even named the top senior in his own region? That's madness.

 

This thread is in no way a knock on Josh Terry, who won the award. I know nothing about Terry and have never seen him play, but seriously.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I was thinking the same thing.

 

If you're at least one of the top 3 players in the state one would think you would HAVE to be the top player in your region (because the other two aren't in the same region). :confused:

If you're at least one of the top 3 players in the state one would think you would HAVE to be the top player in your region (because the other two aren't in the same region). :confused:

 

I agree.

I really hope Mr. Hopson comes to Lexington and plays for Billy G.

Terry is a good player, but someone like Hopson doesn't come around very often. Which one is the better player was pretty evident when they went head to head. It makes the award kind of a joke, IMO. It makes you wonder if it's because he plays for UHA.:confused:

  • Author
Terry is a good player, but someone like Hopson doesn't come around very often. Which one is the better player was pretty evident when they went head to head. It makes the award kind of a joke, IMO. It makes you wonder if it's because he plays for UHA.:confused:

 

Yeah, its almost just funny.:thumb:

When Hopson wants to play he is far and away the best player in the state. That is no knock on Miller. He is great and never takes a play off.

To me it says a lot about what other coaches think of him. I've heard many negatives to this highly touted recruit.

  • Author
To me it says a lot about what other coaches think of him. I've heard many negatives to this highly touted recruit.

 

Such as what?

Terry is a good player, but someone like Hopson doesn't come around very often. Which one is the better player was pretty evident when they went head to head. It makes the award kind of a joke, IMO. It makes you wonder if it's because he plays for UHA.:confused:

 

Actually Terry had better numbers combined when they went head to head. UHA won both games, but Hopson's supporting cast is a lot better. Terry did way more in terms of playing a complete game (Scoring, Rebounding, Defense) in helping his team win through out region play then did Hopson IMO.

 

Hopson gets many of his acculades IMO because of his enormous potential and AAU play. He is far from a great player at this point because he is a premodonna baby that rarely plays to his utmost potential.

 

As a huge UK fan, I too hope that BCG signs him and that Hopson buys into his system. I think that he will be a BIG TIME player if he does that. I can also see him signing with UK and becoming another Legion. Only time will tell.

 

Don't knock Terry and his accomplishments. If you saw them both play, you would know what I am talking about. Terry plays the game the "right " way.

Hopson may win Mr. Basketball but does not get player of the year in his own region. WOW

I really hope Mr. Hopson comes to Lexington and plays for Billy G.

 

Not going to happen from what I hear.

 

 

Can't believe he wasn't POY in the 2nd.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.