oneijoe

Who wins ??  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to look at the roster, but would not load. I may try http://www.maxpreps.com

http://www.desaleshighschool.com

Is the schools website

I didn't see a roster on the site you gave. Am I missing it somewhere ?

(the Prestonsburg roster worked fine for me...did you give it time to load after rolling the cursor over "the team" and then clicking "roster" ?)

I've noticed that Firefox won't navigate the Blackcat site like Windows Explorer. Firefox will, however, reveal the pull-downs, but you have to hold down the pull-down and then stop on the tab you want to view, which then opens. It's definitely not Firefox-friendly!

I've noticed that Firefox won't navigate the Blackcat site like Windows Explorer. Firefox will, however, reveal the pull-downs, but you have to hold down the pull-down and then stop on the tab you want to view, which then opens. It's definitely not Firefox-friendly!

I have found that out.

Load up the bus boys..... ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Put it this way, I don't know much about Desales, but based upon about the past 5-6 years of analyzing 2A football, I'd be surprised if Pburg doesn't come away witht he victory, in spite of the short trip through a couple area codes to play the REGIONAL Final.

Load up the bus boys..... ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Put it this way, I don't know much about Desales, but based upon about the past 5-6 years of analyzing 2A football, I'd be surprised if Pburg doesn't come away witht he victory, in spite of the short trip through a couple area codes to play the REGIONAL Final.

Like I said in the game thread, EKU, after losing starting QB Hughes along with his senior leadership, in the Pikeville game just a few weeks ago, both Burchett and the Blackcats have been on the uphill side of the learning curve and, while Burchett and the team have begun adjusting to the switch, they're not where they would have been had Hughes not sustained his injury, although Coach D has made a few strategic changes that appear to have effectively shortened that curve.

But you're right! "Load up the bus ....", travel through a couple different area codes, and we're playing another Regional Final game. :thumb:

I have not been able to find any stats on Prestonsburg. Has the team not been turning in stats? I have heard they run a power I offense and are primarily a running team with plenty of speed.

I will give a quick assessment of my impartial view of the Blackcats.

P'burg will be the hardest hitting team you have seen this year, first and foremost. The Blackcats won't overwhlem you with "Big Kids", but they posess good size and the benefits of an excellent strength and conditioning program. The Blackcats forte', whether it be offense or defense, is to be as physical as possible.

Offensively the Blackcats will throw varied sets at you. Their rbead and butter is their power running game, and they are well equipped to run it with Setser and Craynon. Craynon is definately the big play threat for P'burg's offense. He has decent speed and can hurt you off tackle, but he also is a strong runner who si tough to bring down in the middle of the field. P'burg does not ahve the passing threat that they did earleir in the season after their Senior QB was lost for the season. But, P'burg will mix in the pass and Derrossett has no problem calling for trick plays when a defense overpursues.

Expect mainly two back sets.

Defensively P'burg won't do anything dangerous. This is one of the better defensive units in 2A, and they have seemed to gel very nicely. They are strong, quick, and they love to play aggressive, continually filling the pwoer holes. P'burg is well equipped to create turnovers, as they are hard hitters and solid tacklers. Their secondary has quite a nit of athleticism.

Without going too deep into it, Desales best bet against P'burg is to maintain a solid balance on offense and win the battle in the trenches. Defensively, the first key is to contain the inside running game. Everything P-burg does works from the inside out, and if they can gash you continually up the middle, they will do it tiem after time til it is stopped. It is also imperative to be able to disengage blockers when they run outside Pburg typically strings their outside running out very far before turning it up.

Three things will ruin any chance Desales has:

1. Turnovers

2. Losing their composure

3. Missing blocking assignments when Pburg sends pressure