oneijoe

Who wins ??  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, we have no entered the we of the match-up. So what is the practice schedule during this week of Thanksgiving. What are the travel plans?

As much as I want to be there Friday, one must be "Dad" first. Unless something changes drastically, I'll be chaffeuring my daughter to Pikeville on Friday (she's a cast member of the Jenny Wiley's production, "A Christmas Carol").

Ironically, the rest of my family will be in Louisville visiting the wife's family during through the Holiday weekend. How's that for "messed up" ?? :irked:

DeSales runs the ball very well. The linebackers are some of the best around. If Prestonsburg throws, that could cause some trouble for DeSales but regardless, I doubt the Blackcats will give DeSales any problem. The Colts move on!

DeSales: 35

Prestonsburg: 14

So it sounds like there's no need to even play this game, and no need to even make the trip, although there are some anxious fans who are excited to be leaving work and/or school(for those students planning on making the trip from the varied colleges. and who didn't go home for Thanksgiving) early, and won't be happy. And the players will be disappointed with your prediction as well, although they could be getting another day of hunting these mountains in, and let's not forget the turkey, etc.(especially the pies!) leftover from Thanksgiving dinner they won't have to give up!

But with such a wide margin, what do you base your prediction on? :confused:

So it sounds like there's no need to even play this game, and no need to even make the trip, although there are some anxious fans who are excited to be leaving work and/or school(for those students planning on making the trip from the varied colleges. and who didn't go home for Thanksgiving) early, and won't be happy. And the players will be disappointed with your prediction as well, although they could be getting another day of hunting these mountains in, and let's not forget the turkey, etc.(especially the pies!) leftover from Thanksgiving dinner they won't have to give up!

But with such a wide margin, what do you base your prediction on? :confused:

Relax... I do not feel this will in any way be the final score. I am for the Colts to win. However, whoever wins, it won't be that wide of a margin. I agree that this game will come down to whoever makes the least mistakes as well as if those mistakes are turned into points on the scoreboard by the other team. For all those who do attend will be treated to two solid football programs going head to head in what will be a hard fought game.

As you can see by Watusi's ovehread view of the stadium, parking is at a premium for Manual Stadium. This particular part of Louisville is not particularly bad, but be sure you lock your doors, you ain't parking at StoneCrest HAHA

Also, as a fellow Hill-folk that spent his fair share of time in Louisville, a couple pointers:

1. If you see "Hill Street", "Muhammad Ali", or "Dixie Highway", you are not only too far away from the Stadium, but you probably need to go EAST as soon as possible. A good rule of thumb, the higher the number gets on the street sign, the more you want to turn around.

2. If you choose a restaraunt to eat at that has "Factory" in the name, it will be very, very, very tasty. (Cheesecake Factory in St. Matthew's, Spaghetti Factory is downtown)

3. For those looking to do some Christmas shopping, Mall St. Matthew's and Oxmoor Center are within a couple miles of each other and probably your best option. They also are on the east side of town, close to I-64 and alot of hotels.

4. Those spending the night: I definately reccomend going to the Muhammad Ali Center in downtown. It is AWESOME, and fun for men and women, boys and girls! Within walking distance is also the Louisville Slugger Museum, and some other family friendly attractions.

5. If it does in fact snow, please use caution, Louisville drivers seem to slide all over the place the first sign of a white flake.

What's the confusion?

How are you defining "Regional Titles" before the days of multiple in-district teams making the playoffs ?

I counted 5 P-burg Regional titles from 1990 on (that's why I asked if yours started then)...

I'm going to go back and check my records. But off the top of my head, I seem to remember the Blackcats making it as far as the Semi's (eg, Regional winner) before losing to either Newport or NewCath while Chuke Williams was coach in '86 or '87.

o-line...

P-burg won a few district titles while Coach Haywood was at his alma mater, but I don't believe he ever won a Regional crown.

How are you defining "Regional Titles" before the days of multiple in-district teams making the playoffs ?

I counted 5 P-burg Regional titles from 1990 on (that's why I asked if yours started then)...

I'm going to go back and check my records. But off the top of my head, I seem to remember the Blackcats making it as far as the Semi's (eg, Regional winner) before losing to either Newport or NewCath while Chuke Williams was coach in '86 or '87.

o-line...

P-burg won a few district titles while Coach Haywood was at his alma mater, but I don't believe he ever won a Regional crown.

Thanks onei.. :thumb: I thought he had :confused:

A Blackcat supporter wanted me to leave this for Desales to see:

*I have dial-up so I haven't actually seen what it is, so the thoughts/opinions expressed or shown through this video does no represent those of EKUAlum05 HAHA

HA, I didn't know it was there! :creepy:

:sleep: