oneijoe

Who wins ??  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see by Watusi's ovehread view of the stadium, parking is at a premium for Manual Stadium. This particular part of Louisville is not particularly bad, but be sure you lock your doors, you ain't parking at StoneCrest HAHA

Also, as a fellow Hill-folk that spent his fair share of time in Louisville, a couple pointers:

1. If you see "Hill Street", "Muhammad Ali", or "Dixie Highway", you are not only too far away from the Stadium, but you probably need to go EAST as soon as possible. A good rule of thumb, the higher the number gets on the street sign, the more you want to turn around.

2. If you choose a restaraunt to eat at that has "Factory" in the name, it will be very, very, very tasty. (Cheesecake Factory in St. Matthew's, Spaghetti Factory is downtown)

3. For those looking to do some Christmas shopping, Mall St. Matthew's and Oxmoor Center are within a couple miles of each other and probably your best option. They also are on the east side of town, close to I-64 and alot of hotels.

4. Those spending the night: I definately reccomend going to the Muhammad Ali Center in downtown. It is AWESOME, and fun for men and women, boys and girls! Within walking distance is also the Louisville Slugger Museum, and some other family friendly attractions.

5. If it does in fact snow, please use caution, Louisville drivers seem to slide all over the place the first sign of a white flake.

I wonder how the parking situation will be handled as there is a short supply for the regular season games. There was a much smaller crowd last game due to the freezing temperatures. I even heard the crowd at St. X was a smaller one than expected. A few of my son's friends went to see the St. X game and decided to retreat from the cold. The temps are supposed to be much milder this week. This weather is crazy, today it is in the 70's.

Also would like to point out that there are some excellent restaurants downtown around the slugger museum. I am sure something will be going on at 4th St Live at 4th & Ali and Liberty.

Heed the warning of the drivers in rain, sleet, or snow. I laughed when I read the "Slide all over the place the first sign of a white flake."

LOUISVILLIANS CAN NOT DRIVE!!!

DeSales Colts

Regional Championships: 2

Overall Record: 13-18

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Regional Championships: 5

Overall Record: 29-24

Past Playoff Meetings

None

gchs is correct... :thumb:

Prestonsburg won 5 Regional Titles since 1959:

1985 - vs. Corbin 27-6

1992 - vs. Lawrence Co. 22-8

1993 - vs. Russell 21-0

2000 - vs. Breathitt Co. 22-6

2001 - vs. Belfry 40-14

o-line...

Prestonsburg lost in Regional Title games the last yrs. Phillip Haywood was at the helm in '81, '82, and '83.

The four horseman will be ready John French, Devon Boze, Myles Poole, and Zach Jones. If the Blackcats think they will run the ball to the middle they will be in for a rude awakening. Be ready for John French, Devon Boze, Eric Hall, and for Myles Poole to clean up or finish you up to end the play. Many others will pick you apart and hit hard to knock the ball lose. Zach Jones is a very strong, quick kid for his size. These kids have not gotten the respect they deserve this year as they were off to a rough start and have had several kids out for various games. I hope the Blackcats do not take this team lightly. I can assure them of one thing, come Saturday morning they will be sore. They can go back to the mountains and tell them in the hollars how them Colts knocked them around.

For directions, Take the Watterson Expressway (264) west bond from I 64. Take Poplar Level Road North to Eastern Parkway (You pass St. X). Turn left on Eastern Parkwy to Burnett (about 4 blocks). You'll see the stadium. If you turn left on Burnett, Kosair generally provides its lot for parking. There are 2 great neighborhood bars to eat about three blocks from the stadium (Check's and Flabbys). These are family friendly.

Any P'burg old timers out there remember coming to Somerset back in the early 80's and having one of your policemen accidentally shoot another one (in the leg or foot I think) at the Holiday Inn? I met some of the Prestonsburg officers and firemen years later and we got a big laugh out of remembering that story.