Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mom55

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mom55

  1. Good Luck to Russell. I should be rooting for the local team but I've known Philip Haywoods family all my life. His mother and mine were very good friends and co-teachers. I think Belfry will win this because of the home advantage. Hope for a good game and injury free for both sides.
  2. I believe he started in Prestonsburg in 1960, he was at Wayland and taught King Kelly Coleman and then moved to Virginia for a couple of years. I've always loved Prestonsburg, we lived in Maytown and then I graduated from Allen Central in the first class in 1973.
  3. Congratulations Prestonsburg. My very first football game was when my dad, a teacher at PHS took me to Prestonsburg vs. Russell approx 1962 or 1963.
  4. When I saw this post, I had to say something concerning the other teams that has played at Greenup County. The measure of a man is determined whether he continues on after the "failures", how he continues on. Both of my sons played football at Greenup, the oldest son graduated in 2007 and the youngest in 2009. These were not good seasons, with new head coaches, new athletic directors, new administration and many other "new" things going on. I am very proud of my two sons, they never quit, walked off the field, threatened to quit, or as far as I know disrespectful to any coach. They loved football, they weren't the stars of the team, they just wanted to play and they did play. Now one is a senior at Morehead State, a geology major and tells us he has plans to join the Navy and become an officer, the youngest is a Sophomore at Ashland Community College and wants to be a Special Ed teacher and football coach. They took something from those "bad" seasons and learned from that and they still are proud of being a Greenup Musketeer, they were thankful for the opportunity that was given to them. I love football but it still is a game and I'm glad my sons took the lessons they learned from football. Now to the original question, was this a disappointing year, maybe but ask any mom or dad in the stand they will tell you it was a great season to see their son play football for their home team. This probably sounds "corny" and "stupid" to some of the die hard fans but sometimes you need to step back and be thrilled that you have healthy sons that can play football, some parents are not that lucky.
  5. An excellent article on Lyle in the Ashland Paper today, I don't know how to post the article but it was very good. Good luck on Friday night, I've got to admit that last game at Mason County or them at GCHS is one thing I don't miss being involved with GCHS football.
  6. Congratulations Musketeers, we are very proud of you and all you have accomplished and it is just the beginning. A very proud former Musketter Mom of 2 former football players that both shouted when they found out that GCHS beat Russell.
  7. I believe this will be Greenups year to win. Good luck Musketeers.
  8. Got mine, this morning and started to buy 2, the lady at the store reminded me that both boys have graduated and I don't need one for scrapbooking, oh well. LOL
  9. He has supported many of the students of GCHS, he has supported my son through his senior year and even during his Freshman year in college. I appreciate him and all that he has done.
  10. Very good article on QB Rister in Wednesday, Ashland Ind. Newspaper. Hope all goes well for the Musketeers this year. Good Luck
  11. I didn't get to go last night to the banquet and I'm sorry but I did see pictures and Coupon21's shirt looked a little tighter after the meal than before the meal. LOL :laugh::laugh: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  12. Congratulations Blackcats. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  13. Congratulations Blackcats, what a great time to be a Blackcat or a Blackcat fan. My very first football game was seeing the Prestonsburg Blackcats play, my father was a teacher there. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  14. Congratulations Ram on the Win, Good Luck next week.
  15. Congratulations - maybe blondes do have more fun. LOL :clap:
  16. Congratulations to the Rebels, I'm proud to be an Alumni(the 1st class) of Allen Central High School. Now on to Hazard and take them down. :ylsuper:
  17. Congratulations to Bell County Musketeers - I'm proud of each and everyone of you guys, next year will be bigger and better. Seniors thanks for the 4 years, I've enjoyed watching you play. Good Luck :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  18. Congratulations Rams on to more football :thumb:
  19. Good Luck and Safe Trip to the Musketeers. That is a beautiful trip down in that "neck of the woods", I've spent many a day on that high way. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  20. As a Musketeer Fan and a former Musketeer Mom you have to support your team and this team has had our support all year, 6 years previously and, will always have our support because our sons will always be Musketeers. Coupon 21 - I was suppose to be at an Eagle Board but it was cancelled and where else would we be except on the GCHS Field. Musketeers do your best, we love ya. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  21. Good Luck Musketeers, SENIORS, have a great last game, this is your legacy. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  22. Good Luck GCHS. I remember last years senior night when my last son played for GCHS, it was very emotional for all of us. I won't be there I have to chair an Eagle Board of Review for a Boy Scout in Flatwoods but as soon as it is over I will be on my radio rooting for "my" Musketeers. I love you seniors, it has been fun watching you grow and play. Juniors it's not too early to decide on your Senior Flag. Love ya Mom55 :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  23. I believe 3 games - Lewis Co., Lawrence Co. & Rowan County
  24. Congratulations to the Musketeers, sounds like a great game and you played it with heart and soul. It's a GREAT DAY TO BE A MUSKETEER. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  25. Will Carter play on Friday night?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.