oneijoe

Who wins ??  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give a quick assessment of my impartial view of the Blackcats.

P'burg will be the hardest hitting team you have seen this year, first and foremost. The Blackcats won't overwhlem you with "Big Kids", but they posess good size and the benefits of an excellent strength and conditioning program. The Blackcats forte', whether it be offense or defense, is to be as physical as possible.

Offensively the Blackcats will throw varied sets at you. Their rbead and butter is their power running game, and they are well equipped to run it with Setser and Craynon. Craynon is definately the big play threat for P'burg's offense. He has decent speed and can hurt you off tackle, but he also is a strong runner who si tough to bring down in the middle of the field. P'burg does not ahve the passing threat that they did earleir in the season after their Senior QB was lost for the season. But, P'burg will mix in the pass and Derrossett has no problem calling for trick plays when a defense overpursues.

Expect mainly two back sets.

Defensively P'burg won't do anything dangerous. This is one of the better defensive units in 2A, and they have seemed to gel very nicely. They are strong, quick, and they love to play aggressive, continually filling the pwoer holes. P'burg is well equipped to create turnovers, as they are hard hitters and solid tacklers. Their secondary has quite a nit of athleticism.

Without going too deep into it, Desales best bet against P'burg is to maintain a solid balance on offense and win the battle in the trenches. Defensively, the first key is to contain the inside running game. Everything P-burg does works from the inside out, and if they can gash you continually up the middle, they will do it tiem after time til it is stopped. It is also imperative to be able to disengage blockers when they run outside Pburg typically strings their outside running out very far before turning it up.

Three things will ruin any chance Desales has:

1. Turnovers

2. Losing their composure

3. Missing blocking assignments when Pburg sends pressure

Great synopsis of the team. One can really get a since of the type of team we will be seeing come Friday night. I think your assessment seems to be very accurate and you seem to know DeSales very well. You pretty much have said what DeSales needs to do to when any ballgame against any team however. The biggest thing that will carry DeSales is Composure, and what you mentioned of making blocking assignments on offense. I take it you have seen a DeSales football game or two. DeSales will have to make their plays and play hard hitting football. It seems what may be the difference in the two teams would be the speed of Prestonsburg.

I did see what was posted. It seems they played several teams more than once during regular season. Winning the second time around more convincing than the first, which you should expect. So with that, you really do not get a true since of the true stats as the quality of their schedule.

They play the same number of teams (2) that Desales played. Those are ten game stats.

I like Mark Sanders' Colts in this one. They are pesky. They struggled through a difficult early season schedule and have played pretty well down the stretch. I think being at home gives them an edge here (even though they play at Manual). Sander coaches disciplined players. I think they make it into the semi-state.

It seems they played several teams more than once during regular season.

???? No, Prestonsburg played 10 different opponents during the regular season.

Thanks for the description, EKU...I did a similar thing for a Somerset poster (discussing Belfry) on the Belfry/Somerset thread. :lol: :thumb:

???? No, Prestonsburg played 10 different opponents during the regular season.

Thanks for the description, EKU...I did a similar thing for a Somerset poster (discussing Belfry) on the Belfry/Somerset thread. :lol: :thumb:

HAHA.. it's just Sunday, I should have the playbook posted by Wednesday

Can anyone provide me with a picture of Manual's stadium? I have heard alot about it , but can't seem to find a picture anywhere online.

Here is one of the outside, and I think there is at least one of the inside posted somewhere on BGP

2520.jpg

DeSales Colts

Regional Championships: 2

Overall Record: 13-18

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Regional Championships: 5

Overall Record: 29-24

Past Playoff Meetings

None

These records began in what year, gchs ? 1990 ? :confused: