January 15, 200818 yr Dallas playing so poorly had more to do with it IMO. Then I'll say he choked. :lol: Dallas' coach thinks otherwise. "We were the better team and we played better."
January 15, 200818 yr Think the Giants defense had something to do with Dallas playing poorly? I guess it was just ghosts putting all of that pressure on Tony Romo huh? The BETTER team won. The BETTER team is still playing. TO, Romo, Wade Phillips, Crayton, and Jerry Jones can sit in one of their huge mansions in Dallas, with their buttered up popcorn and watch the Giants and Packers battle for the NFC Title game, because they got beat by a team that was better than them. :dancingpa On that day, yes. That's OK HB, I can live with it. Hope you can handle what I think is about to happen to the G-men. Eli still sucks. :lol:
January 15, 200818 yr Dallas playing so poorly? Is that what any win is reduced to in your book? A team not winning because they played better, but a team losing because they played poorly. You won't find me saying Eli won this one and I doubt you'll find anyone on the Giants team saying that either. Football is a team sport and the victory belongs to the team. However, Eli has proven in this playoff at least that he has the capabilities to run an offense against a good defense and do the things it takes to win. As for people saying Eli was only mediocre and the Giant's run game won this one as a few on this thread have said, did any of you watch the Dallas game? The Giant's biggest drives had little help from the run game. Overall I think the Giants may have only gained 90 yards approx. on the ground. Eli made some plays that impressed me this game. I thnk it was a pass to Boss on that late 1st half drive where he split two defenders that really made me say wow. Oh, and the Dallas defense hasn't been good, as you claimed above, since the Green Bay game either. Eli at least as of now isn't putting up career stats to make anyone have flashbacks of Marino, Montana, or Favre however he is slowly proving that he can do the things it takes to win games. I think people too often want instant gratification for their investments when the fact is sometimes things take time. Eli will have to prove more then just in one portion of one season he can produce and lead a team to victory, however the maturity and realtive consistency he has shown these past few weeks in the face of some stiff competition gives me hope for a promising future. No, but if you've been watching the Cowboys all year, which I doubt, then you would have to know that they have not been playing very good football the last 4 or 5 games. It's all that was talked about leading into that game. They haven't played well since the Green Bay game and that is a fact. I didn't really see where the Giants played any better than the first two games, all three games were pretty close and the Giants played pretty well in all of them. No way you can say Dallas played as well as they did the first two, but that's the breaks, that's why they play the game.
January 15, 200818 yr Dallas' coach thinks otherwise. "We were the better team and we played better."I don't care what he said, they did NOT play better.
January 15, 200818 yr On that day, yes. That's OK HB, I can live with it. Hope you can handle what I think is about to happen to the G-men. Eli still sucks. :lol: He's still playing. Romo is at home. And Romo has WAY more talent around him. :sssh:
January 15, 200818 yr Dallas' coach thinks otherwise. "We were the better team and we played better." He's not a very smart man. And he's also never won a playoff game. He's used to making excuses after playoff losses.
January 15, 200818 yr No, but if you've been watching the Cowboys all year, which I doubt, then you would have to know that they have not been playing very good football the last 4 or 5 games. It's all that was talked about leading into that game. They haven't played well since the Green Bay game and that is a fact. I didn't really see where the Giants played any better than the first two games, all three games were pretty close and the Giants played pretty well in all of them. No way you can say Dallas played as well as they did the first two, but that's the breaks, that's why they play the game. Maybe Dallas played bad, because New York played good on defense? Other than Crayton's two drops...there weren't any HUGE mistakes by Dallas. The giants D just came up huge.
January 15, 200818 yr He's still playing. Romo is at home. And Romo has WAY more talent around him. :sssh:HB, you're taking this a bit too personal IMO. It's just a football game, I'll survive. Don't forget, this was only Romo's first full season, not too shabby.
January 15, 200818 yr Maybe Dallas played bad, because New York played good on defense? Other than Crayton's two drops...there weren't any HUGE mistakes by Dallas. The giants D just came up huge.The Giants did OK, enough to win. Maybe NY played well because the Cowboy D played poorly. It's all in how you want to look at it. Not a shot at NY or you, just saying it's been a weird season, hard to really gage anything.
January 15, 200818 yr Romo and Eli, the 2 most over rated QB's in the league!:lol: Let me guess, you're a Brady fan?
January 15, 200818 yr I watched the Cowboys game because I have always been a fan. I love watching Favre play, so..... The fact that the Giants are Playing in the NFC championship proves my point, though. FWIW, not a chance I'll watch the SB. (I think) :lol: :lol: :lol: You love Favre, you're a Cowboys fan....come on...you'll think of a reason to watch the Super Bowl.
January 15, 200818 yr After watching Tony Romo's meltdown, I can't say anything bad about Eli.Oh please, the guy has now had 1 full season as an NFL QB, give me a break.
January 15, 200818 yr :lol: :lol: You love Favre, you're a Cowboys fan....come on...you'll think of a reason to watch the Super Bowl. If you knew me, you'd know that I have been a Cowboys fan since their inaugural year. I really do like Favre, how can anyone not. I still don't know if I can force myself to watch the SB though. It's more of a protest thing for me this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.