January 16, 200818 yr Sounds like someone's upset that his QB would rather spend time at the beach with an XY instead of working on his X's and O's... :sssh::banana: :lol:
January 16, 200818 yr Grade schoolish? First of all, all I heard ALL YEAR LONG was how Tony Romo was the next Brett Favre and how the Cowboys were destined to win at least the NFC. To tell you the truth, I got SICK of hearing about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys, and I love nothing more than gloating about the G-Men beating them in their own stadium. If I choose to celebrate a Giants win, I'm entitled to do so. I know one thing for sure and that is Eli Manning catches enough crap on this board, it's okay if a little goes Tony Romo's way. The fact that Tony Romo has TWELVE pro bowlers on his team means he should have a pretty darn good team surrounding him. On OFFENSE ALONE: He has Marion Barber, Jason Witten, The Crybaby #81, Flozell Adams, Leonard "cheapshot" Davis, and Andre "I can't snap it in shotgun" Gurode. Including himself, that is SEVEN pro bowlers on offense. Over half of the offense. Know how many the Giants had? Zero on offense. One on D. If Romo can't beat a not so good (according to most here) Giants team AT HOME with 12 pro bowlers on their roster...they're never going to win a playoff game. :lol: I don't care how much you make fun of Romo, he's fair game. Point is, you are definitely coming off as grade schoolish with childish comments like.... Hard to gage anything other than the fact that the Giants won and are moving on to the NFC championship...while the Cowboys lost and are moving out of their lockers. He's still playing. Romo is at home. And Romo has WAY more talent around him. :sssh: I guess it was just ghosts putting all of that pressure on Tony Romo huh? The BETTER team won. The BETTER team is still playing. TO, Romo, Wade Phillips, Crayton, and Jerry Jones can sit in one of their huge mansions in Dallas, with their buttered up popcorn and watch the Giants and Packers battle for the NFC Title game, because they got beat by a team that was better than them. :dancingpaSee HB, what we have here isn't you capping on Romo, it's you having a hissy fit because I don't think Eli is all that good. I don't care how much you dislike Romo, he's not related to me or anything, so have at it. But the fact is, you weren't directing those comments at Romo, you were directing them at me simply because I disagree with you. So YES, grade schoolish (which isn’t even a word but it gets the point across). :thumb:
January 17, 200818 yr I would like you to take a look at those posts once again and PLEASE explain to me how I directed those posts AT YOU. I'll do a recap for YOU. I sort of directed one comment at you when I said the following: To tell you the truth, I got SICK of hearing about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys, and I love nothing more than gloating about the G-Men beating them in their own stadium. However YOU, directed your post at me on many different occasions. Just for an example, I put all of the "you's" in bold to make it easier. I don't care how much you make fun of Romo, he's fair game. Point is, you are definitely coming off as grade schoolish with childish comments like.... See HB, what we have here isn't you capping on Romo, it's you having a hissy fit because I don't think Eli is all that good. I don't care how much you dislike Romo, he's not related to me or anything, so have at it. But the fact is, you weren't directing those comments at Romo, you were directing them at me simply because I disagree with you. So YES, grade schoolish (which isn’t even a word but it gets the point across). :thumb: And that is just one post. I could go get more in this thread where I've been called out by you. In the end, this will be my last post off topic because this is getting out of hand. I NEVER wanted this to become about you and I. I simply love talking bad about the Cowboys. Wanna know why? I hate them with a passion. And I love hating them. That's why I love it so much when the Giants beat them. I haven't stopped smiling since the scoreboard went 0:00 and I saw: If it's considered a "hissy fit" or "childish" to love my team and hate their division rival...and to be extremely happy when my team beats a team that I hate...then I hope I throw many hissy fits and act very childish in the future. :thumb:
January 17, 200818 yr I would like you to take a look at those posts once again and PLEASE explain to me how I directed those posts AT YOU. I'll do a recap for YOU. I sort of directed one comment at you when I said the following: However YOU, directed your post at me on many different occasions. Just for an example, I put all of the "you's" in bold to make it easier. And that is just one post. I could go get more in this thread where I've been called out by you. In the end, this will be my last post off topic because this is getting out of hand. I NEVER wanted this to become about you and I. I simply love talking bad about the Cowboys. Wanna know why? I hate them with a passion. And I love hating them. That's why I love it so much when the Giants beat them. I haven't stopped smiling since the scoreboard went 0:00 and I saw: If it's considered a "hissy fit" or "childish" to love my team and hate their division rival...and to be extremely happy when my team beats a team that I hate...then I hope I throw many hissy fits and act very childish in the future. :thumb: It is kinda nice......:cry:
January 17, 200818 yr :laugh: How in the world is Eli over rated? No one thinks he's any good. Kinda hard to be overrated when no one thinks you are any good. If Eli's last name wasnt Manning, he'd be holding a clip board somewhere
January 17, 200818 yr If Eli's last name wasnt Manning, he'd be holding a clip board somewhere I disagree. And apparently you haven't watched his last 3 games. For someone who has been trashed on a lot, he sure is playing well under tremendous pressure.
January 17, 200818 yr I disagree. And apparently you haven't watched his last 3 games. For someone who has been trashed on a lot, he sure is playing well under tremendous pressure. Last 3 games....How long has he been in the league now?
January 17, 200818 yr Here's his passer ratings by season... 2004- 55.4 2005- 75.9 2006- 77.0 2007- 73.9 Tear it up Eli!!!
January 17, 200818 yr Here's his passer ratings by season... 2004- 55.4 2005- 75.9 2006- 77.0 2007- 73.9 Tear it up Eli!!! You fail to mention many things. In 2006 his starting left tackle, and one of his key receivers were lost for the season at about the mid-way point. That is when his #'s started going down. Been to the playoffs three times in a row. Has led his team to the NFC Championship game in only his 3rd year as a starter. Good thing Terry Bradshaw or Phil Simms didn't have to play in this era. They may have never gotten the opportunity to win any super bowls.
January 17, 200818 yr Last 3 games....How long has he been in the league now? Let's have a look at some former great QB's ratings in their first 4 years. Terry Bradshaw: 1970 - 30.4 1971 - 59.7 1972 - 64.1 1973 - 54.5 My Source Phil Simms: 1979 - 66.0 1980 - 58.9 1981 - 74.0 1984 - 78.1 Source Troy Aikman 1989 - 55.7 1990 - 66.6 1991 - 86.7 1992 - 89.5 Source I would also like to post their TD numbers. In FOUR YEARS: Eli Manning - 77 TD's Troy Aikman - 54 TD's Phil Simms - 61 TD's Terry Bradshaw - 41 TD's He's not terrible. He's getting better too...
January 17, 200818 yr Aikman started getting better in his 3rd year. Phil Simms it took even longer, and Bradshaw was the same way.
January 17, 200818 yr I would like you to take a look at those posts once again and PLEASE explain to me how I directed those posts AT YOU. I'll do a recap for YOU. I sort of directed one comment at you when I said the following: However YOU, directed your post at me on many different occasions. Just for an example, I put all of the "you's" in bold to make it easier. And that is just one post. I could go get more in this thread where I've been called out by you. In the end, this will be my last post off topic because this is getting out of hand. I NEVER wanted this to become about you and I. I simply love talking bad about the Cowboys. Wanna know why? I hate them with a passion. And I love hating them. That's why I love it so much when the Giants beat them. I haven't stopped smiling since the scoreboard went 0:00 and I saw: If it's considered a "hissy fit" or "childish" to love my team and hate their division rival...and to be extremely happy when my team beats a team that I hate...then I hope I throw many hissy fits and act very childish in the future. :thumb: I thought you were above this nonsense, you have proven otherwise. The fact that you think you're being "called out" speaks volumes. :rolleyes:
January 17, 200818 yr I thought you were above this nonsense, you have proven otherwise. The fact that you think you're being "called out" speaks volumes. :rolleyes: :laugh: So, who's the pot and who's the kettle?
January 17, 200818 yr Eli also has what, 68 ints? Whats the "excuse" for him tossing 20 ints this year?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.