Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli bashers...

Featured Replies

From time to time I do get upset when the Giants lose...I guess that means I'm not a "man".

 

However, there's nothing like the feeling of a win. Especially one that knocks the Cowboys out of the playoffs.

Ummm, wasn't saying you weren't a man, HB. You're jumping to conclusions there. Merely saying that I'm man enough to just move on, after all, it's not all there is in my life as I'm sure the Giants aren't the only thing in yours.
  • Replies 155
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummm, wasn't saying you weren't a man, HB. You're jumping to conclusions there. Merely saying that I'm man enough to just move on, after all, it's not all there is in my life as I'm sure the Giants aren't the only thing in yours.

 

The Giants aren't the only thing in my life, you are correct. But they are ranked fairly high on my list.

 

1.) Family

2.) Giants football. :lol:

 

School falls somewhere under that...haha

The Giants GM that drafted Eli retired last year, so that theory doesn't hold any water.

 

They're still paying him! You cant look me in the eye and truly feel he's one of the top 15 QB's in the league! He's overrated! He will never be a HOF QB and I doubt he ever makes a pro bowl! He's a nice enough guy, and I know people who know him and say he's a swell fella but he's an average QB...

They're still paying him! You cant look me in the eye and truly feel he's one of the top 15 QB's in the league! He's overrated! He will never be a HOF QB and I doubt he ever makes a pro bowl! He's a nice enough guy, and I know people who know him and say he's a swell fella but he's an average QB...

 

Once again, how can he be overrated if no one thinks he's any good?

 

Also, he's only started for 3 seasons. All 3 seasons he's been in the playoffs. He's won the NFC East once, and compiled a 29-19 record (not including the playoffs). He's made it further than Peyton did in his first 3 seasons as a starter...

 

You like to point out only his bad attributes. I don't like it when he throws a lot of interceptions. But if you go back and look, a lot of his interceptions were caused by some bad weather. His numbers would also be a lot better this year if the Giants WR's didn't lead the league in dropped passes. Ever think to factor that in?

 

There are some good things about Eli. The best thing about Eli is that if the game is close, he has the ability to lead the Giants down the field in the fourth quarter and score. He's shown the ability to be calm late in games and run a 2 minute offense very well. Has he lived up to being a #1 pick yet? No, not yet. Has he done better than Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf and some former high draft busts? Yes.

 

Also, you're telling me that you'd cut a guy after 3 seasons of not being a top 5 quarterback? He's a top 15 quarterback, easy IMO.

Once again, how can he be overrated if no one thinks he's any good?

 

Also, he's only started for 3 seasons. All 3 seasons he's been in the playoffs. He's won the NFC East once, and compiled a 29-19 record (not including the playoffs). He's made it further than Peyton did in his first 3 seasons as a starter...

 

You like to point out only his bad attributes. I don't like it when he throws a lot of interceptions. But if you go back and look, a lot of his interceptions were caused by some bad weather. His numbers would also be a lot better this year if the Giants WR's didn't lead the league in dropped passes. Ever think to factor that in?

 

There are some good things about Eli. The best thing about Eli is that if the game is close, he has the ability to lead the Giants down the field in the fourth quarter and score. He's shown the ability to be calm late in games and run a 2 minute offense very well. Has he lived up to being a #1 pick yet? No, not yet. Has he done better than Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf and some former high draft busts? Yes.

 

Also, you're telling me that you'd cut a guy after 3 seasons of not being a top 5 quarterback? He's a top 15 quarterback, easy IMO.

 

I never said I'd cut him but if your saying he's top 15 easy, then yes he's overrated.

I never said I'd cut him but if your saying he's top 15 easy, then yes he's overrated.

 

I respect your opinion and you are entitled to have it. As am I to have mine.:thumb:

I respect your opinion and you are entitled to have it. As am I to have mine.:thumb:

 

It's all good, I like to play devil's advocate:lol: One of my coworkers is actually friends with him and has had Eli stay at his cabin at a hunting camp in Mississippi and I'm from Mississippi and grew up an Ole Miss fan, I like him but stand behind he's not as good as he should be.

Care to expound or did you just feel the need to help out 'ole HB? :rolleyes:

 

Is it really that hard to figure out? ;)

Is it really that hard to figure out? ;)
That you have no point? No.
That you have no point? No.

 

I knew you could do it...:D

I knew you could do it...:D
What, point out the obvious. :lol:

*Riiiiinnnnng..... riiiiiinnnng..... rriiii* "Hey Dad! I'm in the Championship game!" "No. This is Eli."

  • Author
No problem with that, but there were seriously people saying if it wasn't for Peyton he wouldn't be in the league, now come on...
Congrats Eli.

 

Congrats Jared!!!!

 

Couldn't be happier for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.