Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eli bashers...

Featured Replies

I will never like Eli, simply because of that crap from the draft.

I'm with you on that. That made me a instant hater of Eli.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not get all carried away because they won and he is on the best three game run I ever remember him being on. He only threw the ball 19 times against the Cowboys! The Cowboys scored 3 points in the second half if I recall. To act like he carried the team on his back to this win is kind of bogus.

 

You still can not under-estimate Eli's impact. I don't understand why it is so hard to give him credit. He has been a big part of the Giants' success. Defense has played great, O-line has done well, special teams has played well, running game has been their, Eli has made some big plays. Team effort for sure, but I guarantee you could not find anyone in the Giants' locker room that would short change what Eli has done. It is big.

Okay then you should go around and when discussing EVERY SINGLE QUARTERBACK you should say "He's not PEYTON".

 

OH btw...did Peyton ever lead his team this far this early? I don't think so. I'm not even sure Peyton had a playoff win at this point in his career.

 

Are you alawys on the defense when it comes to discussing the Giants.. I was just wondering incase I voice any future opinions?

You still can not under-estimate Eli's impact. I don't understand why it is so hard to give him credit. He has been a big part of the Giants' success. Defense has played great, O-line has done well, special teams has played well, running game has been their, Eli has made some big plays. Team effort for sure, but I guarantee you could not find anyone in the Giants' locker room that would short change what Eli has done. It is big.

 

I'm not underestimating Eli. He has done what he has to do much like Garrard did in Jacksonville. Be smart with the football, lean on your running game and lead your team. It's not a knock but he isn't in the Brady, P. Manning, Farve category. I give him credit for what he has done the past three games and I think he is the 3rd best quarterback of the 4 teams left playing.

Let's not get all carried away because they won and he is on the best three game run I ever remember him being on. He only threw the ball 19 times against the Cowboys! The Cowboys scored 3 points in the second half if I recall. To act like he carried the team on his back to this win is kind of bogus.

 

No one is saying he carried the team to back to back wins on his back. But he has made ZERO mistakes in the playoffs. No turnovers in 2 road playoff games...that's pretty good.

Are you alawys on the defense when it comes to discussing the Giants.. I was just wondering incase I voice any future opinions?

 

I will defend my team when I feel it is necessary. Just like anyone else here would do for their team. When the Giants play poorly...I criticize them as much as anyone. When they win and/or play well...I will defend them.

 

Eli has played well, but it's like he's in a lose/lose situation. If he goes 14-30 122 yards 0TD's and 3 INT's...he stinks to everyone. But if he turns it around, manages the game VERY WELL and throws ZERO interceptions in 2 straight difficult playoff road games...everyone still says he's not a good QB because he didn't throw for 400 yards.

I will never like Eli, simply because of that crap from the draft.

 

So you don't like John Elway either?

I'm not underestimating Eli. He has done what he has to do much like Garrard did in Jacksonville. Be smart with the football, lean on your running game and lead your team. It's not a knock but he isn't in the Brady, P. Manning, Farve category. I give him credit for what he has done the past three games and I think he is the 3rd best quarterback of the 4 teams left playing.

 

Okay, that's fair. I think Eli has played better than Garrard, but let's not quibble.

 

:D

Ask me this weekend after the Packers game.

 

What are you talking about? I thought there was nothing to look forward to this post-season you weren't going to watch any of it because it was SO bad? :lol:

What are you talking about? I thought there was nothing to look forward to this post-season you weren't going to watch any of it because it was SO bad? :lol:
I watched the Cowboys game because I have always been a fan. I love watching Favre play, so..... The fact that the Giants are Playing in the NFC championship proves my point, though. ;)

 

FWIW, not a chance I'll watch the SB. (I think) :lol:

So leading his team to the NFC Championship game isn't enough? What if he has a great game sunday but they still lose?
Dallas playing so poorly had more to do with it IMO.

Then I'll say he choked. :D :lol:

Dallas playing so poorly had more to do with it IMO.

Then I'll say he choked. :D :lol:

 

Dallas playing so poorly? Is that what any win is reduced to in your book? A team not winning because they played better, but a team losing because they played poorly. You won't find me saying Eli won this one and I doubt you'll find anyone on the Giants team saying that either. Football is a team sport and the victory belongs to the team. However, Eli has proven in this playoff at least that he has the capabilities to run an offense against a good defense and do the things it takes to win.

 

As for people saying Eli was only mediocre and the Giant's run game won this one as a few on this thread have said, did any of you watch the Dallas game? The Giant's biggest drives had little help from the run game. Overall I think the Giants may have only gained 90 yards approx. on the ground. Eli made some plays that impressed me this game. I thnk it was a pass to Boss on that late 1st half drive where he split two defenders that really made me say wow.

 

Eli at least as of now isn't putting up career stats to make anyone have flashbacks of Marino, Montana, or Favre however he is slowly proving that he can do the things it takes to win games. I think people too often want instant gratification for their investments when the fact is sometimes things take time. Eli will have to prove more then just in one portion of one season he can produce and lead a team to victory, however the maturity and realtive consistency he has shown these past few weeks in the face of some stiff competition gives me hope for a promising future.

No one is saying he carried the team to back to back wins on his back. But he has made ZERO mistakes in the playoffs. No turnovers in 2 road playoff games...that's pretty good.

 

I can agree with that. He isn't one of the QB's in the NFL carrying his team on his back but he is doing a great job of staying within himself and managing the game without turning the ball over.

Dallas playing so poorly had more to do with it IMO.

Then I'll say he choked. :D :lol:

 

Think the Giants defense had something to do with Dallas playing poorly?

 

I guess it was just ghosts putting all of that pressure on Tony Romo huh?

 

The BETTER team won. The BETTER team is still playing. TO, Romo, Wade Phillips, Crayton, and Jerry Jones can sit in one of their huge mansions in Dallas, with their buttered up popcorn and watch the Giants and Packers battle for the NFC Title game, because they got beat by a team that was better than them. :dancingpa

Dallas playing so poorly? Is that what any win is reduced to in your book? A team not winning because they played better, but a team losing because they played poorly. You won't find me saying Eli won this one and I doubt you'll find anyone on the Giants team saying that either. Football is a team sport and the victory belongs to the team. However, Eli has proven in this playoff at least that he has the capabilities to run an offense against a good defense and do the things it takes to win.

 

As for people saying Eli was only mediocre and the Giant's run game won this one as a few on this thread have said, did any of you watch the Dallas game? The Giant's biggest drives had little help from the run game. Overall I think the Giants may have only gained 90 yards approx. on the ground. Eli made some plays that impressed me this game. I thnk it was a pass to Boss on that late 1st half drive where he split two defenders that really made me say wow.

 

Eli at least as of now isn't putting up career stats to make anyone have flashbacks of Marino, Montana, or Favre however he is slowly proving that he can do the things it takes to win games. I think people too often want instant gratification for their investments when the fact is sometimes things take time. Eli will have to prove more then just in one portion of one season he can produce and lead a team to victory, however the maturity and realtive consistency he has shown these past few weeks in the face of some stiff competition gives me hope for a promising future.

 

 

It took Phil Simms a while before he became a good quarterback.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.