2005:

Dunn -- 14

Griffey -- 3

2006:

Dunn -- 12

Griffey -- 6

Nope. :cool:

Remember thats with Jr playing 60 less games. :D

Whats the stats for game winning hits or RBI's?

What if the numbers fall off continues and he hits 218 with 35 HR's next year?

What if he hits .275 with 45 bombs, 110 ribbies, 105 runs, and 120 walks? We can "what if" ourselves to death. If the experts are correct, that 27-30 is a hitter's best years, than the next 4 seasons should be a hoot. If not, and the slide continues, then the un-educated will continue to incorrectly attach he and Dave Kingman in baseball-lore. ;) :bunny: :jump:

Can't drive them in, unless someone is on....Then, if no one is behind in the batting order, the part of the plate you will get pitched has corners on it.

No one here, including myself are saying Dunn is an ironman athlete type but his numbers, are directly related to those around him and their production, or in his defense....lack of.

Well until that trade in the middle of the season last year when we gave up Kearns and Lopez, wasn't the Reds lineup considered one of the best in baseball. Considering we usually were one of the top 3 teams in runs scored usually. So if that is true that must mean we have guys in the lineup who can hit, but yet Dunn still strikeout a million times. Of how about when Dunn does have people on base he still strikes out, or the fact that he is terrible at just getting a sacrifice fly to score a guy from third. Your argument saying if people would just get on base his numbers would be better is not true, becasue when people are on base Dunn has proved he can't do anything with it. And the fact the reds are usually one of the top teams in the NL in runs scored shows that he must have had guys in his lineup around him...

That wasn't the question, the question was who do opposing managers consider the guy you don't let beat you. Your Honor, asked and answered. :thumb:

Hey you came with da stats on intentional walks. Just wandering about all the particulars. I personally hope the other team is scared of all the Reds. If I'm the opposing manager I'm more interested in who has the game winning hits or the game winning ribeyes. :flame:

What if the numbers fall off continues and he hits 218 with 35 HR's next year?

Blame it on the rest of the team. You know the guys that hit in front of him and behind him. I'm sure we can find some reason to blame somebody in the bullpen for Dunns waning numbers. You know that darned warmup catcher could have dunn something. :rolleyes:

What if he hits .275 with 45 bombs, 110 ribbies, 105 runs, and 120 walks? We can "what if" ourselves to death. If the experts are correct, that 27-30 is a hitter's best years, than the next 4 seasons should be a hoot. If not, and the slide continues, then the un-educated will continue to incorrectly attach he and Dave Kingman in baseball-lore. ;) :bunny: :jump:

Actually if that continues, in this age of inflated number then him and Dave Kingman or at best Pete Incaviglia will be rightly joined arm in arm.

Since he's never, ever done that. Do you really want to bet ANYTHING, that he'll suddenly see the light and hit any ball with a wrinkle it this year. Face it Adam Dunn is Pat Burrell or Pete Incaviglia in a bandbox park that allows him to hit 45 homers instead of the 35 that they hit.

Then why is he typically Top 10 in the league in IBB's?

Because he is a poor base runner and there is no reason to pitch to him with the game in doubt if you don't have to. If you have to pitch to him with the game in doubt his batting average with runners in scoring postition really doesn't scare anyone.

Said it before and say it again, Dunn is not perfect....

Question: All of you MLB fans, name each NL team and the 1-2 or 3 guys, that you wouldn't want to beat you, with RSIP or via the HR....Let's see how many include Dunn and whom the others are, for the sake of discussion on my position, of no protection.

Players that scare me more than Adam Dunn in a one on one situation: (now you have to give me a reason I'm wrong (Jeff Francoeur, Andrew Jones, Brian McCann, Miguel Cabrera, Jose Reyes, David Wright, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Zimmerman, Aramis Ramirez, Lance Berkman, Bill Hall, Prince Fielder, Jason Bay, Albert Pujols, Scott Rolen, Garrett Adkins, Matt Holliday, Todd Helton, Nomar Garciaparra, J D Drew, Pedro Feliz, and even Ray Durham. Not all of these guys are more likely to hit a homer over Dunn. However, they are all more likely to beat you if you chose to pitch to them. There is a reason that Dunn hits under .250. And HSSB wants to tout him as a potential hall of famer? It ain't happening.

Players that scare me more than Adam Dunn in a one on one situation: (now you have to give me a reason I'm wrong (Jeff Francoeur, Andrew Jones, Brian McCann, Miguel Cabrera, Jose Reyes, David Wright, Carlos Delgado, Carlos Beltran, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Zimmerman, Aramis Ramirez, Lance Berkman, Bill Hall, Prince Fielder, Jason Bay, Albert Pujols, Scott Rolen, Garrett Adkins, Matt Holliday, Todd Helton, Nomar Garciaparra, J D Drew, Pedro Feliz, and even Ray Durham. Not all of these guys are more likely to hit a homer over Dunn. However, they are all more likely to beat you if you chose to pitch to them. There is a reason that Dunn hits under .250. And HSSB wants to tout him as a potential hall of famer? It ain't happening.

The last 2 are a reach, but the rest of the list is pretty accurate. I'd rather Edwin be at the plate when the game is on the line than Dunn. I can also add several guys to the list. What I find interesting is that Larkin can't be a HOF player because "he was never the best" but Adam Dunn isn't a top 15 OF and we've (HSSB) already has him enshrined........

The last 2 are a reach, but the rest of the list is pretty accurate. I'd rather Edwin be at the plate when the game is on the line than Dunn. I can also add several guys to the list.....
Now this is my point, when I posed the question. If any of you played Baseball or coached, you will know what I mean with regard to hitting in front/behind a hitter.

IAMAFan, is exactly correct and illustrates my point....With the game on the line, you are an opposing Manager and Dunn is coming to bat. You have a few choices, with runners in scoring position.

1) Walk him intentionally

2) Pitch too him but give him nothing to hit, make him chase

3) Pitch too him, take your chances

I believe most Managers, choose Option #2.

Given the lack of power, not hitting but "power" in front/behind Dunn, is a direct correlation to his number of RBI's being down. Does he K too much, without question and I'm not, nor is anyone else disputing that fact but pitch location, has a significant impact on those numbers.

Now this is my point, when I posed the question. If any of you played Baseball or coached, you will know what I mean with regard to hitting in front/behind a hitter.

IAMAFan, is exactly correct and illustrates my point....With the game on the line, you are an opposing Manager and Dunn is coming to bat. You have a few choices, with runners in scoring position.

1) Walk him intentionally

2) Pitch too him but give him nothing to hit, make him chase

3) Pitch too him, take your chances

I believe most Managers, choose Option #2.

Given the lack of power, not hitting but "power" in front/behind Dunn, is a direct correlation to his number of RBI's being down. Does he K too much, without question and I'm not, nor is anyone else disputing that fact but pitch location, has a significant impact on those numbers.

I agree with that, but Dunn chases too much and they'd pitch him the same regardless of who's behind him (unless you got 15 million to give someone) because he K's so much.

Where was this so called "lack of power" when the Reds led the league in offense (coincidentally his numbers were better:sssh: )?