Brennaman's thoughts on Dunn

colonel-fan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave Winfield just called and said shake the Magic 8-ball again and scream at someone else. :D :walk:

Dave Winfield was built like Adam Dunn??? Baseball-reference lists him at 220. I wonder if that was the beginning or end of his career. They list Dunn at 240. I'm 240 an I've stood and sat with Dunn on a few different occasions. Adam Dunn is not 240. Even looking at pictures of Winfield in his older years, he was never as big as Dunn is right now.

What he's doing to that catcher is what I've felt like doing to certain posters the last couple of days, so I had to get it out. :D :jump:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, it'll be gone by Opening Day.

You already ruined his season!!!!!

Dave Winfield was built like Adam Dunn??? Baseball-reference lists him at 220. I wonder if that was the beginning or end of his career. They list Dunn at 240. I'm 240 an I've stood and sat with Dunn on a few different occasions. Adam Dunn is not 240. Even looking at pictures of Winfield in his older years, he was never as big as Dunn is right now.

Dave Winfield was a big guy, 6'7" or so, and while maybe not as thick, played well into his 40's. So I don't think I was grossly over-stating things giving Dunn 39.

I'd say Dunn is in the 260-275 range.

Dave Winfield was a big guy, 6'7" or so, and while maybe not as thick, played well into his 40's. So I don't think I was grossly over-stating things giving Dunn 39.

I'd say Dunn is in the 260-275 range.

The vast vast majority of guys don't play until 39. Winfield was the exception, not the rule and predicting a 6'6" 275 pound to play until he's 39 is a reach at best.

Come on, I've been as hard on Dunn as anyone (lately) and I know you can't put 45 homeruns in the 8 hole.

Unless you're the Evil Empire. Have I ever said I hate them? Well, I hate them. In fact, I'll blame every flippin' K (and or backwards K) on Chambliss simply because he's a Yankee. He sabotaged Dunn as revenge for some WS losses.