Gators not first and only double National Champs?

All Tell

I understand what site it is, but thanks for pointing that out to me.

Does it have a quote where Mitch or Rich Brooks or Tubby Smith or anyone is saying that this is the case? If so, maybe you can point that line out for me too. ;)

It's something to think about... I don't see them going out and making tee shirts stating they were the first team to hold both titles at the same time. Outside of this state, does anyone care and will anyone discuss it? I seriously doubt it.

In fact, odds are must of us wouldn't have even known about it had you not brought it to our attention in an overdramatic fashion.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a UK fan, so I feel this is an unbiased opinion. After reading this article, I think it is only a statement of facts. UK, based on the Sagarin poll we use today, would have won a nat'l title in football. I think the starter of this thread, thru his hatred for UK, is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Any college that had this in it's history would have made the same claim.

How is this any different than North Carolina claiming they have 5 titles, because they have begun counting the Helms Trophy. I think that they are counting one of those, maybe two.

Dont see anyone crowing over UNC's title claims?

UK won two titles outside of the 7 NCAA ones. So should they have 9 titles?

After all this time I could have swore you were a UK fan, All Tell. Sure had me fooled!:p

However, I am sorry that UK fans claiming something that actually has support in theory, bothers you so much.:jump:

"support in theory", that says it all.

I'm not a UK fan, so I feel this is an unbiased opinion. After reading this article, I think it is only a statement of facts. UK, based on the Sagarin poll we use today, would have won a nat'l title in football. I think the starter of this thread, thru his hatred for UK, is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Any college that had this in it's history would have made the same claim.

:thumb:

"support in theory", that says it all.

They can support their claim, that's all that matters. Like stated earlier, UNC, and I believe Kansas does the same also, claims Helms titles as National Championships and you hear no complaints. The point is, it's not that big of a deal, no matter which side of the fence your on.

How is this any different than North Carolina claiming they have 5 titles, because they have begun counting the Helms Trophy. I think that they are counting one of those, maybe two.

The answer is a resounding YES! :D

But was'nt some of those NCAA titles during the time that the NIT was the premiere tourney title?

Are you kidding me????

I read about this on the Louisville board and thought no one would be silly enough to do this. But sure enough Kentucky is now claiming (based on a "championship" determined by a ranking system invented more then 20 years AFTER the season) they they are were the first school to win football and basketball championships in the same year.

Does it really bother you this much to call it sad and pathetic?:rolleyes: