Gators not first and only double National Champs?

All Tell

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheerleaders now? You guys are a riot. Florida is the first team ever to hold both titles at the same time. It's a major accomplishment, and they earned the spotlight...

What if Cincy, Michigan, Marshall or one of the other 97 teams you root for did it you would be all over it:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think it's still a moot point until champions in both sports are crowned the same way - it's somewhat contradictory. Basketball has done it the right way; football is getting there.

Any other ways people want to discredit what Florida did? Maybe we can make a thread and start an official list... :lol:

Any other ways people want to discredit what Florida did? Maybe we can make a thread and start an official list... :lol:

How's that discrediting Florida? With the way they looked, they would have walked through a playoff...or LSU.

How's that discrediting Florida? With the way they looked, they would have walked through a playoff...or LSU.

You said their claim to being the first to hold both at the same time is a moot point because there isn't a playoff. If that's not trying to lessen the accomplishment, what is it???

You said their claim to being the first to hold both at the same time is a moot point because there isn't a playoff. If that's not trying to lessen the accomplishment, what is it???

It's a great accomplishment, but it's also (in a tired cliche') apples and oranges. The only thing I'm being critical of is the lack of a playoff. I'd like to see SEC teams play in the championship - and that's the only way.

I think it's pretty pathetic when a so called "big time" athletic program starts claiming a title that is based on a computer system that started 23 years AFTER the season in question.

Seriously, if UK claiming they held both titles at the same time gets you that worked up, something is wrong? Maybe mental therapy could be some help to you. I'm sure they are easy to find in Louisville - probably much needed.

:thumb: