Gators not first and only double National Champs?

All Tell

I believe releasing something like this is a bit pathetic the day after Florida wins it all in both. Looks like Big Brother is a little upset at the success of the Gators...
EXACTLY.

This isn't the fans. The fans could claim it and make an interesting debate out of it in an internet forum. This is UK's athletic department, and it is in fact sad.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty pathetic when a so called "big time" athletic program starts claiming a title that is based on a computer system that started 23 years AFTER the season in question.

Lighten up Francis. It said UK could make a claim to the championship based on Sagarin ratings and acknowledged the other teams who have a claim and why. Its not like they are lobbying the NCAA for recognition, just posting some food for thought for the UK fans.

Not sure why it ruffled your petticoat so.

And I agree, the thread title is inappropriate.

I believe releasing something like this is a bit pathetic the day after Florida wins it all in both. Looks like Big Brother is a little upset at the success of the Gators...

Again, it is the time to discuss it because of UF's feat. A lot of people have asked if this is the first time. It brings up the subject and this was posted on UK's atletic site for UK fans to think about.

It wasn't a press release and it wasn't something they were seriously trying to justify, just something for consideration, a FYI type of thing. Of course, that is just boring and not any fun, though.

After UK came back from beating LSU by 31 points years ago, which was thought to be the biggest comeback ever in a hoop game, Duke found one that said they overcame a 32 point deficit.

What else would you expect. Duke is UK's biggest rival... :D

After UK came back from beating LSU by 31 points years ago, which was thought to be the biggest comeback ever in a hoop game, Duke found one that said they overcame a 32 point deficit.
Did they have to look at games played against high schools during the Wilson administration to find it? Cause that would really be sad, pathetic and typical. ;):sssh:

I have three degrees from UK but I have always thought that President Todd's heralded slogan of "America's next great university" said more than Todd and the UK Board of Trustees intended. It indicated that even the UK mouthpieces acknowledged that UK, at this time, doesn't measure up.