Why did Eddie James jilt Highlands?

theguru

12 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

This may have just been a big stunt. To be hero number one in the ole home town.

Uh, no. Already a hero. Probably looked at film and compared speed. FC probably lightened load in school, upped coaching stipend, and did a little bit for his wife. Sometimes home is a good place. We shall see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Uh, no. Already a hero. Probably looked at film and compared speed. FC probably lightened load in school, upped coaching stipend, and did a little bit for his wife. Sometimes home is a good place. We shall see.

I guess I just don’t see someone respectable doing something like that. I hope he just got home sick or something. I guess I shouldn’t judge. 

26 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If/when that game happens I'm there, I don't care what plans I have to cancel. 

Count me in!  I'll buy the gas!!

Others have said he deserved a chance to reconsider and I agree with that.  But you don't accept FIRST and then reconsider.  If you are hesitant, fine.  Do that in the beginning.  I thought I read that he asked for the weekend to consider it.  Then it was announced during the weekend.  Sounds like he jumped the gun and then used it to shoot Highlands!  Highlands deserved better than being dragged through the mud like this.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The job may have been too BIG for him.  Pulled down that driveway on Sunday and realized this is more than I bargained for.  For those that think Highlands wants no part of Franklin County you are crazy.  We will see in two years when the Birds drip back to 4A and hopefully they meet in the playoffs.

He was just at State with FC, so don’t see the job being too BIG for him.   I think he showed a lot of character and respect for both programs.  He did not say anything about HHS either way and apologized to FCHS.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

I think they may have forgotten the cannons going off the last time these two played! 

Or maybe he remembers them very well?

Honestly it just sounds like the guy said yes and later realized he had what he wanted.  I don’t think it was a “the job is to big” thing at all. Honest question how many on here have been around FC or their players? Sometimes you realize the job just isn’t a good fit. I’m not saying it’s the case but what if after meeting the parents and players some he felt like the position wasn’t what he wanted. 

This thread also reminds me how some view HS athletics like college. Public schools especially right now don’t have money just to throw around. I’d be very surprised if anything changed money or position wise. If you’re really that interested and think that is the reason then it would all be public record. I know there are always stories about someone getting a truck or a position for the wife in some job at the board office but that stuff is few and very far between. 

I think the guy just realized how much he loved where he was at and how HHS isn’t FC. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

He was just at State with FC, so don’t see the job being too BIG for him.   I think he showed a lot of character and respect for both programs.  He did not say anything about HHS either way and apologized to FCHS.  

Did he win?  Never mind, I know the answer and it was NO.

I get people being upset.  It isn’t a good situation really for anyone.  Look at the comments in this thread and some others. How many people want to work in that type of environment?  HHS is different. It’s not for everyone. It just doesn’t fit some people. 

• Like 1