Why did Eddie James jilt Highlands?

theguru

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm not positive which thread I saw it in, but I read somewhere where a member posted about Coach James receiving a counter-offer from Franklin County to lighten his teaching load and get him additional staff help for the football team.

I can confirm that Franklin County is now looking for 1 to 2 new members to add to their coaching staff.

It sounds to me like Eddie got an offer that improved on his previous situation at his alma mater and would allow him to keep his family in the area where they grew up.

Then he should have waited for a counter and not accepted the Highlands job. JMO. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Then he should have waited for a counter and not accepted the Highlands job. JMO. 

Again, these situations happen all the time. Not sure why people are so judgmental towards his decision. So many legitimate reasons to have a change of heart.

On a different note, it seems like he may have unintentionally played his cards right. Getting more money and extra support with a lightened work load? I say good for him and his family.

• Like 2

Here's a little more complete of a picture from Eddie James. The first line from the article: "Eddie James knows he will receive a lot of criticism from this decision. But James said he's a man and will learn from it."

Coach James also says, "At the end of the day, it came back to me, my family and the things that I want to leave behind in terms of my legacy and it ultimately is here with my kids in Franklin County. Maybe I should have taken more time. I don't know the right answer. Hindsight is 20/20. But I don't feel like I ever misled Wes or Matt. I was fully onboard. Sometimes your heart speaks to you differently and that's what happened."

Eddie James Speaks on Decision to Return to Franklin County | FortThomasMatters.com

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Again, these situations happen all the time. Not sure why people are so judgmental towards his decision. So many legitimate reasons to have a change of heart.

Coaches accept jobs, do the intro presser, reach out and talk to kids and then back out in less than 48 hours? That happens all the time? I guess we just never talk about it around here...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, NKYRaider said:

On a different note, it seems like he may have unintentionally played his cards right. Getting more money and extra support with a lightened work load? I say good for him and his family.

Where was it confirmed he will receive more money and get a lightened workload? 

People keep throwing it out there that he is going to get more money and things like that. I said it earlier and I’ll say it again. This is not college football. While it might happen here or there it is definitely not common in KY HS football. I would be very surprised if Coach James will make more money and/or his responsibilities will change. It just doesn’t work like that 99% of the time in public schools in KY. So off the cuff comments become rumors that people later tell as if they are facts. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, barrel said:

People keep throwing it out there that he is going to get more money and things like that. I said it earlier and I’ll say it again. This is not college football. While it might happen here or there it is definitely not common in KY HS football. I would be very surprised if Coach James will make more money and/or his responsibilities will change. It just doesn’t work like that 99% of the time in public schools in KY. So off the cuff comments become rumors that people later tell as if they are facts. 

No one said anything about James making more money. What was mentioned, though, was that there was possibly more money on the table for coaching staff... and lo and behold, the day after it's announced that he is staying at Franklin County, Coach James is soliciting applicants for 1 to 2 spots on his coaching staff. So either he had 1 to 2 guys quit and needs to replace him, or suddenly he has the ability to hire 1 to 2 more coaches on his staff.

If it walks like a duck...

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

No one said anything about James making more money. What was mentioned, though, was that there was possibly more money on the table for coaching staff... and lo and behold, the day after it's announced that he is staying at Franklin County, Coach James is soliciting applicants for 1 to 2 spots on his coaching staff. So either he had 1 to 2 guys quit and needs to replace him, or suddenly he has the ability to hire 1 to 2 more coaches on his staff.

The bourbon capital of the world has spoken. JMO

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Real easy to verify. All of that has to be public record. It is also possible that the one of those positions were not filled previously. The statement said “up coaching stipend” implies he would make more money. “Upping coaching stipends” would imply more stipends or upping the current stipends for more than one coaches. 

4 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Coaches accept jobs, do the intro presser, reach out and talk to kids and then back out in less than 48 hours? That happens all the time? I guess we just never talk about it around here...

The fact that it was less than 48 hours is a blessing to all parties. Highlands faithful should be grateful.

Also, I didn’t state this exact situation happens all the time. Nice try. But people having a change of heart after accepting a job happens countless time daily. People need to get a grip.