theguru

Why did Eddie James jilt Highlands?

It says more about James than it does Highlands. His credibility is shot. Good luck ever getting another job. 

• Like 6

He just realized the grass is not greener at Highlands.

• Like 1

It was mentioned in his press conference that he had a short list of teams that he would leave Franklin County for, and Highlands was one of them.  So it definitely is interesting that he changed his mind like this. 

I’m floored! Wow! Makes it tougher on Highlands since now have to go to another candidate after told them no thanks. I do think some of the candidates will see this as upgrade and will still be happy to get the job.

But man, Coach James' Walt Whitman-esque essays about love, trust, accountability, and dedication REALLY get me every time. I'm convinced everything is on the up and up, especially from the powerful quotes at the end. 

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It says more about James than it does Highlands. His credibility is shot. Good luck ever getting another job. 

Yeah, he basically tattooed Franklin County on his forehead.  

• Like 4

The real question should be if Franklin County will now try to schedule Covcath. Since he mentioned  beat the Colonels so much. He might as well still try to play them. 😄

On a serious note, this does suck for Highlands with how this went down. I know a lot of the bluebird faithful seemed excited about him.  However, also happy for Franklin County to keep their coach and to keep building off their success this year. 

The job may have been too BIG for him.  Pulled down that driveway on Sunday and realized this is more than I bargained for.  For those that think Highlands wants no part of Franklin County you are crazy.  We will see in two years when the Birds drip back to 4A and hopefully they meet in the playoffs.

• Like 6

This may have just been a big stunt. To be hero number one in the ole home town.

6 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The job may have been too BIG for him.  Pulled down that driveway on Sunday and realized this is more than I bargained for.  For those that think Highlands wants no part of Franklin County you are crazy.  We will see in two years when the Birds drip back to 4A and hopefully they meet in the playoffs.

If/when that game happens I'm there, I don't care what plans I have to cancel. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

This may have just been a big stunt. To be hero number one in the ole home town.

I don't think it was a stunt... It's likely what JOAT alluded to. 

• Like 1

Sounds like Jay Cobbs tenure at Henderson County back in ‘07... 

• Like 1