Why did Eddie James jilt Highlands?

theguru

13 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

The fact that it was less than 48 hours is a blessing to all parties. Highlands faithful should be grateful.

Also, I didn’t state this exact situation happens all the time. Nice try. But people having a change of heart after accepting a job happens countless time daily. People need to get a grip.

It does not happen in coaching. And it certainly doesn’t happen all the time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It does not happen in coaching. And it certainly doesn’t happen all the time. 

Yes it does. He’s in good company, Bill Belichick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22351196/a-brief-history-head-coaches-backed-new-gigs-sports

Again, I didn’t specify coaching. Not sure why that is so different. People change their mind on jobs everyday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Yes it does. He’s in good company, Bill Belichick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22351196/a-brief-history-head-coaches-backed-new-gigs-sports

Again, I didn’t specify coaching. Not sure why that is so different. People change their mind on jobs everyday.

How often it happens doesn’t make it any less bush league. It absolutely does not happen how this went down often. It’s a bad look, anyway you spin it. It’s even worse when you preach loyalty and family. Just my opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

How often it happens doesn’t make it any less bush league. It absolutely does not happen how this went down often. It’s a bad look, anyway you spin it. It’s even worse when you preach loyalty and family. Just my opinion. 

You stated it does not happen in coaching. I just pointed out that not only does it happen, but Bill Belichick has done it...twice. 

What’s bush league is the reaction to it. It’s a way worse look for the people who criticize a great young coach who had a change of heart. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

No one said anything about James making more money. What was mentioned, though, was that there was possibly more money on the table for coaching staff... and lo and behold, the day after it's announced that he is staying at Franklin County, Coach James is soliciting applicants for 1 to 2 spots on his coaching staff. So either he had 1 to 2 guys quit and needs to replace him, or suddenly he has the ability to hire 1 to 2 more coaches on his staff.

If it walks like a duck...

Would almost have to be replacing staff.  Did you see the team pic in the State finals program.  They had almost as many in golf shirts as they had in jersey's. Like 15 if I remember.  Of course some of those could be training staff I guess.  But they look like they have a ton of coaches already. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NKYRaider said:

You stated it does not happen in coaching. I just pointed out that not only does it happen, but Bill Belichick has done it...twice. 

What’s bush league is the reaction to it. It’s a way worse look for the people who criticize a great young coach who had a change of heart. 

I meant that it does not happen like this situation in coaching “all the time” as you stated.

People are allowed a change of heart. That does not absolve them from backlash. 

• Like 3

I meant that it does not happen like this situation in coaching “all the time” as you stated.

People are allowed a change of heart. That does not absolve them from backlash. 

Again, you stated it doesn’t happen in coaching and I was just letting you know it does happen in coaching and apparently a lot more than you and many others were aware. If the GOAT of NFL coaches can do it twice and everything turned out OK, I think KY football and the teams involved will be fine.

As far as the backlash, that’s my gripe. No need for backlash. Let the man make his decisions for him and his family without the peanut gallery.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Again, you stated it doesn’t happen in coaching and I was just letting you know it does happen in coaching and apparently a lot more than you and many others were aware. If the GOAT of NFL coaches can do it twice and everything turned out OK, I think KY football and the teams involved will be fine.

As far as the backlash, that’s my gripe. No need for backlash. Let the man make his decisions for him and his family without the peanut gallery.  

To each his own, I suppose. Many people see the issue with it, you apparently don’t. It is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

TheDeuce, just can't let a Flyer off the hook easily! Be easy on him guys. 

I don't care that he changed his mind, I don't have a dog in the fight. It wasn't about him changing his mind, it was about what he said/did after accepting and then sneaking out the back door. 

Maybe what really happened will come out eventually, because something obviously changed. 

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't care that he changed his mind, I don't have a dog in the fight. It wasn't about him changing his mind, it was about what he said/did after accepting and then sneaking out the back door. 

Maybe what really happened will come out eventually, because something obviously changed. 

What if it was something as simple as a family member not wanting to move? Would that be an acceptable reason for you?

5 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

What if it was something as simple as a family member not wanting to move? Would that be an acceptable reason for you?

Would that change what I thought about how he did it? No, probably not. 

Would I understand the reason? Definitely, depending on the family member. 

Would that change what I thought about how he did it? No, probably not. 

Would I understand the reason? Definitely, depending on the family member. 

Ha, not sure how to respond to that. So if it's the son "yes" but daughter "no"? 

OK, I'll try again. Say an approved family member got cold feet AFTER he accepted the job.  What do you propose he do?

13 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Ha, not sure how to respond to that. So if it's the son "yes" but daughter "no"? 

OK, I'll try again. Say an approved family member got cold feet AFTER he accepted the job.  What do you propose he do?

LOL. I would say no for any kids, especially as young as his are. 

If it were me and I had already had the conversations with my family and we had already agreed that I would take the job, I'm taking the job.

So hypothetically if that is what happened here, I still do not agree with how he did it. 

• Like 1