Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will there be high school football this fall?

Featured Replies

I really don't understand why the school board in Fayette Co. need more time to study safety measures already in place. What have they been doing for 6 months! I think that is just a cop out in my opinion.

  • Replies 2k
  • Views 300.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    Last night was very uneasy. Today, things seem much better. Thank you to everyone who has supported our kids playing. And, I genuinely believe having our kids in athletics will hold down Covid nu

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    This so bogus it makes me want to puke. There are untold number of laws that restrict freedom that people follow every day. Wear your seat belt; no drunk driving; concealed carry; speed limits; stop s

  • Skeeterback
    Skeeterback

    Even with a vaccine people will still get the corona. Eventually we have to decide to stop living in fear and move on.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I really don't understand why the school board in Fayette Co. need more time to study safety measures already in place. What have they been doing for 6 months! I think that is just a cop out in my opinion.

My assumption is that they already had their decision made and were waiting (hoping) for the KHSAA to be the bad-guy that told everyone that fall sports would be knocked back further. The the KHSAA didn't do that, so now they're having to do this.

3 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My assumption is that they already had their decision made and were waiting (hoping) for the KHSAA to be the bad-guy that told everyone that fall sports would be knocked back further. The the KHSAA didn't do that, so now they're having to do this.

I'd say you are right.

26 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think JCPS and Fayette County maybe trying to wield some power to push back start of football.

Maybe but in both cases those school districts commonly play many of their games in their school district. I know it’s brought up a lot the Douglas is limited in who they can schedule due to the fact they have to play Lexington schools. If those districts want to wait two more weeks I don’t see it as that big of a deal. If they decide to not start until after district play starts and that forces teams to change schedules then it gets ugly. 

41 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My assumption is that they already had their decision made and were waiting (hoping) for the KHSAA to be the bad-guy that told everyone that fall sports would be knocked back further. The the KHSAA didn't do that, so now they're having to do this.

This x 1,000.  There has been a TON of "kick the can to someone else" decision making since March on so many issues related to this virus.

This was circulated to media members by Fayette County Public Schools:


The Fayette County Board of Education will discuss the resumption of fall sports during its regular scheduled meeting on Monday, Fayette County Public Schools Superintendent Manny Caulk announced Friday. In light of Thursday's decision by the KHSAA to move forward with practice and game schedules, Caulk said he wants to give the school board members the opportunity to review existing safety plans and discuss the resumption of athletics further. In the interim, there will be no athletic practices Monday in Fayette County. "The safety of our students, staff, and families will continue to be the primary consideration in everything we do," Caulk said.

Sincerely,

Lisa Deffendall
Spokeswoman
Fayette County Public Schools

21 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This was circulated to media members by Fayette County Public Schools:


The Fayette County Board of Education will discuss the resumption of fall sports during its regular scheduled meeting on Monday, Fayette County Public Schools Superintendent Manny Caulk announced Friday. In light of Thursday's decision by the KHSAA to move forward with practice and game schedules, Caulk said he wants to give the school board members the opportunity to review existing safety plans and discuss the resumption of athletics further. In the interim, there will be no athletic practices Monday in Fayette County. "The safety of our students, staff, and families will continue to be the primary consideration in everything we do," Caulk said.

Sincerely,

Lisa Deffendall
Spokeswoman
Fayette County Public Schools

Why is there suddenly a need to "review existing safety plans and discuss the resumption of athletics futher" Mr. Caulk? The KHSAA is moving forward with a plan that's been in place for weeks now...a month even, if memory serves. Why haven't those things been sufficiently reviewed by your board of education already?

And if the safety of your students, staff, and families truly are "primary consideration in everything you do", then why were you allowing conditioning up to this point, and now you're having to go and cancel practices on Monday so you can further review existing safety plans and the resumption of athletics?

This doesn't add up to me.

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Why is there suddenly a need to "review existing safety plans and discuss the resumption of athletics futher" Mr. Caulk? The KHSAA is moving forward with a plan that's been in place for weeks now...a month even, if memory serves. Why haven't those things been sufficiently reviewed by your board of education already?

And if the safety of your students, staff, and families truly are "primary consideration in everything you do", then why were you allowing conditioning up to this point, and now you're having to go and cancel practices on Monday so you can further review existing safety plans and the resumption of athletics?

This doesn't add up to me.

My thoughts exactly @Colonels_Wear_BlueI think it's just a cop out to delay until  the end of Sept. or not at all I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This was circulated to media members by Fayette County Public Schools:


The Fayette County Board of Education will discuss the resumption of fall sports during its regular scheduled meeting on Monday, Fayette County Public Schools Superintendent Manny Caulk announced Friday. In light of Thursday's decision by the KHSAA to move forward with practice and game schedules, Caulk said he wants to give the school board members the opportunity to review existing safety plans and discuss the resumption of athletics further. In the interim, there will be no athletic practices Monday in Fayette County. "The safety of our students, staff, and families will continue to be the primary consideration in everything we do," Caulk said.

Sincerely,

Lisa Deffendall
Spokeswoman
Fayette County Public Schools

But they were allowed to condition for the last month on campus? On the outside, it just seems some of the school boards and leaders really lack to ability to make a decision. I understand a lot of this is liability issues, but isn’t that something they should have been working on since March and not just school athletic events, but of the entire school and all students?

Seeing pics and video of Indiana games on Twitter. Still debating to play over here. Feel bad for our kids who haven’t even been able to practice yet.

I had thought KY would play this fall, but it was weird once the KHSAA decided to continue as planned its almost like I felt after that announcement that they weren’t going to play. Just don’t think the higher ups will sign off on it. 

Let’s say the football pan for the KY is approved by the higher ups and JCPS decided to postpone their fall sports, do you think that decision hurts their relationship with St. X or other private schools? Or do St. X and others just look past it?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

Let’s say the football pan for the KY is approved by the higher ups and JCPS decided to postpone their fall sports, do you think that decision hurts their relationship with St. X or other private schools? Or do St. X and others just look past it?

I don’t think so because a once in a life pandemic. St.X will just find someone else to play.

I have an analogy.  This whole thing is like a house of cards facing one of those two hurricanes headed toward the U.S.

NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio (WOIO) - North Olmsted Athletic Director Mike Ptacek confirmed the entire football team has been ordered to quarantine for 14 days, after a varsity football player tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.

I don’t think there’s any other way to handle it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.