Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

WDRB has a post about one of the options JCPS is looking at. 

9/11 no game but can scrimmage 9/12 that Saturday  

9/18 season starts

I believe I have all those dates correct. What basically it looks like from a quick glance on the article is JCPS is trying to get more practice time and a scrimmage before the season starts for them. They also are starting their season 9/18 which is before district play. 

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/jcps-will-consider-phased-in-approach-to-fall-sports-at-board-meeting-monday/article_c4a8fc14-e596-11ea-b97b-ab9bf01c8204.html

17 hours ago, ScottFB said:

https://twitter.com/hlpreps/status/1297650630115364868?s=21

Lexington Catholic has moved to NTI after three days of class. Do you think this will change minds regarding fall sports?   

edit:   It looks like Lexington Christian is also moving to NTI according to Matt Jones on Twitter. 

The Herald-Leader has confirmed that there are 5 students and 1 staff member who tested positive at Lex Cath.

9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Herald-Leader has confirmed that there are 5 students and 1 staff member who tested positive at Lex Cath.

That seems to be the trend with schools as well as the professional leagues, when they start back there seems to be some cases. They pause, get things taken care of and it then seems to move on from there. We'll see how this plays out. 

9 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Well, the #LetThemPlay "rally" in Frankfort is kind of on the....underwhelming side of things.

Hard to get a big turn-out on a Monday morning with short notice.  Especially when kids are to be in class.  This could be a powerful organization given time. Currently still a lot of emotion the postings I see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Well, that didn't take long. Covington Holy Cross is closed today due to a positive test. They will go NTI tomorrow and hope to be back to in person Wednesday.

What's the purpose of closing for one day? To save face?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

In theory, playing team sports is healthier than sitting in a classroom. Less contact or exposure would make it that way. Even with football being a contact sport, they are less likely to be exposed on the field than in the school itself.

This is my thinking also. 

In addition, I expect positive tests. It would be a miracle to have none. If we have none, I will actually be suspicious about the reporting. When there is a positive, you handle it with a brief shutdown, tracing and testing. Then you play on. I expect games to be cancelled. Play on the best you can. Let as many kids as possible experience their season.

• Like 2