Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

26 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I expect JCPS and Fayette to push back one week and start football games September 18. (I know that’s not a huge prediction since those rumors already exist.)

If there just pushing back to give them a little more practice time that makes perfect sense but there’s no point in delaying the season any further over the virus another couple of weeks ain’t going to change anything.

32 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

If there just pushing back to give them a little more practice time that makes perfect sense but there’s no point in delaying the season any further over the virus another couple of weeks ain’t going to change anything.

I think the practice time is an important aspect. Basically every team is practicing today and playing in three weeks - polar opposite of what has been pushed for years. I can see why a school might be uncomfortable sending a team out with only three weeks of contact practice. 

1 hour ago, NKYRaider said:

Great news. Unfortunately feels like we’re boxed into the Fall w/out a backup plan. Just hope we can complete the season or all of this was for nothing.

What backup plan can there be besides pushing to a later date?  We are pretty much at the point where you either try to get started and hope for the best, or not start at all. If you believe things won’t significantly improve in the next few weeks, delaying really serves no purpose.  It’s really now or never for this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

He was guy that last meeting said couldn’t support any play next month.

He is worried they are going to look bad but yeah he doesn't want to play, he wants to shut it down.  He did say he was considering a couple of options.  Now he is lecturing everyone, I can't stand him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think the practice time is an important aspect. Basically every team is practicing today and playing in three weeks - polar opposite of what has been pushed for years. I can see why a school might be uncomfortable sending a team out with only three weeks of contact practice. 

In a normal year, how many weeks of practice before the first scrimmage?