Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio (WOIO) - North Olmsted Athletic Director Mike Ptacek confirmed the entire football team has been ordered to quarantine for 14 days, after a varsity football player tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.

I don’t think there’s any other way to handle it.

Watching local morning news and never have seen so many highlights of Indiana HS football games before. No games here to report so all the reporters were over there. Cheerleaders, fans in the stands, and bands. The whole kit and kaboodle. Like two different universes separated by a river. One school even did senior night in case season gets cancelled at some point. At least they will get a few games in and hopefully more.

That’s a good idea, I love it. So much gloom and doom and reasons not to do something. Then a state moves forward with not just football, but hope in returning to normal. I call it FAITH. Good job Indiana. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Also now Churchhill Downs just announced now that there will be no fans now for the Kentucky Derby.

So they might as well as had it on the first Saturday in May as is traditional.

This is yet  another negative sign for football any time soon in the Commonwealth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

So they might as well as had it on the first Saturday in May as is traditional.

This is yet  another negative sign for football any time soon in the Commonwealth.

This had more to do with civil unrest and outside groups coming to town than virus. Was going to spread police to thin across city with a lot going on. I don’t think they could guarantee safety of people coming in and exiting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

NORTH OLMSTED, Ohio (WOIO) - North Olmsted Athletic Director Mike Ptacek confirmed the entire football team has been ordered to quarantine for 14 days, after a varsity football player tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday.

I don’t think there’s any other way to handle it.

KHSAA please don’t see this headline and decide maybe going forward wasn’t a good idea. 🙃🙏🏻 I’m ready to watch some football! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ImJustHere said:

KHSAA please don’t see this headline and decide maybe going forward wasn’t a good idea. 🙃🙏🏻 I’m ready to watch some football! 

If football doesn't happen, it won't be because of the KHSAA.  They've already done all they can do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

This had more to do with civil unrest and outside groups coming to town than virus. Was going to spread police to thin across city with a lot going on. I don’t think they could guarantee safety of people coming in and exiting.

That’s what I’ve heard from friends in the area as well. Supposedly was going to be a lot of outside things going on in conjunction with the Derby. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

If football doesn't happen, it won't be because of the KHSAA.  They've already done all they can do.

Very true. I appreciate all that they’ve done. I couldn’t imagine the stress they feel to give the people what they want, but trying to keep everyone safe at the same time. I know best interests are in mind at all time. Just hoping we get to see a football season in 2020!