Vaught Strikes Again

CentreRocks

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason why Vaught writes for a Danville paper rather then a paper in Louisville or Lexington.

Yeah, it's because he grew up working for that paper under his father, who was the sports editor before him. I doubt he ever had any desire to work for the H-L or C-J.

You might not agree with what Vaught says or how he says it, but he's right just about everytime.

My new job is in Danville and I have been reading this guy's articles. IMO - he usually hits the nail right on the head, just happens to say what others are afraid to.

That probably a pretty smart thing to do on his part, seeing how nowdays the news media seems to be more about making money and reporting what their readers, viewers want to see, hear, than actually telling the news from an unbiased perspective.

Exactly.

I doubt he will write about only 4 teams (Danville, Beechwood, Mayfield, NCC) meeting in the Class A State final game in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 because that won't sell papers and generate interest.

Exactly.

I doubt he will write about only 4 teams (Danville, Beechwood, Mayfield, NCC) meeting in the Class A State final game in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 because that won't sell papers and generate interest.

Clearly the independents were the problem in the old Class A format. It would be nice to know what % of the the schools in Class A were made up of independent school districts. I'm guessing it wasn't 75%.

That probably a pretty smart thing to do on his part, seeing how nowdays the news media seems to be more about making money and reporting what their readers, viewers want to see, hear, than actually telling the news from an unbiased perspective.

The comments were in a column. Columns are supposed to give the writer's opinion.

Clearly the independents were the problem in the old Class A format. It would be nice to know what % of the the schools in Class A were made up of independent school districts. I'm guessing it wasn't 75%.

How many independents are 1A schools. I would say the majority or close to majority of 1A schools are independents. I don't think the majority or even close to the majority of schools playing 4A, 3A, or 1A are private schools. There is an advantage in my opinion and I am glad that someone keeps the argument alive and well. Mr. Vaught has his point of view just like you have ours. He just gets to express his opinion in a paper unlike we do.

How many independents are 1A schools. I would say the majority or close to majority of 1A schools are independents. I don't think the majority or even close to the majority of schools playing 4A, 3A, or 1A are private schools. There is an advantage in my opinion and I am glad that someone keeps the argument alive and well. Mr. Vaught has his point of view just like you have ours. He just gets to express his opinion in a paper unlike we do.

Fair enough. I guess the question should have been: "Do Mayfield, Danville, and Beechwood make up 75% of all Class A schools?"

Fair enough. I guess the question should have been: "Do Mayfield, Danville, and Beechwood make up 75% of all Class A schools?"

Remember for many years Danville and Mayfield both played up in class. Now they won't allow them to do that.

They have been forced since 99 to play in their respected classes. Starting back next year teams will be allowed to play up again. I don't think that Cov Cath is playing up, they are a legit 5A. Highlands will be playing up at least one level to 5A I think.

They have been forced since 99 to play in their respected classes. Starting back next year teams will be allowed to play up again. I don't think that Cov Cath is playing up, they are a legit 5A. Highlands will be playing up at least one level to 5A I think.

I believe Highlands is 3A by nature and will be playing up in 5A. CovCath is a 4A by nature and playing up in 5A. And you can't just play up if you want to now. You had to ask and it had to be "approved" usually based on a geographic hardship. Highlands would have been the only NKY 3A team and CovCath would have been the only NKY 4A team.

There's a reason why Vaught writes for a Danville paper rather then a paper in Louisville or Lexington.

He is on 630 wlap every week doing sports talk! Which is out of the big old city of Lexington!Larry Vaught could write for any newspaper in the state if thats what he wanted to do! Maybe you should jump in and take his place since your so much better of a sports writer! I know all of us in Danville would love to have a bigtime city slicker come write some sports for us in our little hick newspaper!:rolleyes: