Vaught Strikes Again

CentreRocks

Kind of like these stats over the past 7 years, 2000-2006:

2. Boyle Co. 88%, 88-12, 4 titles

3. Danville 85.1%, 86-15, 3 titles

That's year in and year out right?

Yea those schools do real good considering they don't get to pick the best players to play for them from Mercer,Lincoln,garrard,casey,boyle co.! They might get one or two,but I think the privates got them beat when it comes down to the pickens!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't read Vaught much, but when in the past has he ever stated an opinion that wasn't poplular with the locals?

In this past football season he stated a lot of opinions that wasn't popular with me. Larry is a fine sportswriter and a good friend. He doesn't always write what I would like for him to write and I have voiced my problems with some of his articles this year to him, but that didn't stop him from writing them;) A newspaper is in the market to sell papers and let's face it, there are a lot of towns surrounding us that buy our paper also, and he has to write up their teams also. You may not always agree with him, and I don't, but he isn't afraid to voice his opinion.

In this past football season he stated a lot of opinions that wasn't popular with me. Larry is a fine sportswriter and a good friend. He doesn't always write what I would like for him to write and I have voiced my problems with some of his articles this year to him, but that didn't stop him from writing them;) A newspaper is in the market to sell papers and let's face it, there are a lot of towns surrounding us that buy our paper also, and he has to write up their teams also. You may not always agree with him, and I don't, but he isn't afraid to voice his opinion.

I agree with you. Larry is a fine sportswriter. Covers UK better than either the HL or CJ. Perhaps he is a homer when it comes to local high school sports. I've disagreed with several of his articles and sent him e mails concerning such. He's almost always responded to my e mails in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. He's always stuck to his ground, but I can accept that. After all, reasonable minds can differ on things and at least Larry has a reasonable mind (me on the other hand?).

He is on 630 wlap every week doing sports talk! Which is out of the big old city of Lexington!Larry Vaught could write for any newspaper in the state if thats what he wanted to do! Maybe you should jump in and take his place since your so much better of a sports writer! I know all of us in Danville would love to have a bigtime city slicker come write some sports for us in our little hick newspaper!:rolleyes:

Sorry, I have never said that I could be a better writer but then again I don't pose as one for a newspaper either. This board is abour expressing opinions and my opinion is that Vaught is a smalltime hack who is attacking his betters.

Second, with no offense intended, I have ZERO desire to live in Danville

Sorry, I have never said that I could be a better writer but then again I don't pose as one for a newspaper either. This board is abour expressing opinions and my opinion is that Vaught is a smalltime hack who is attacking his betters.

For those of us, who truly love where we live, we have no desire to live anywhere else.

I might call Larry a lot of things but a small time hack wouldn't be it. I have felt a lot of times that Larry gives way too much attention to Danville and this year he overloaded me on Mercer but then I'm a Rebel fan --- so that might be why I felt the way I did.;)

Sorry, I have never said that I could be a better writer but then again I don't pose as one for a newspaper either. This board is abour expressing opinions and my opinion is that Vaught is a small town hack who is attacking his betters.

Second I have ZERO desire to live in Danville

No need to be sorry! Im All for expressing ones opinions,but I also feel that if one is big enough to criticize another persons trade then they should be man enough or women enough to jump on in a do a better job!

Good thing that you you have zero desire to live in Danville! Most of us here put up or shut up!;)No offense taken!

Exactly.

I doubt he will write about only 4 teams (Danville, Beechwood, Mayfield, NCC) meeting in the Class A State final game in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 because that won't sell papers and generate interest.

You love this stat. But why don't you address both ends look at the big school classes. 4 private schools in 3A and 4A since 2004 all have won a state championship while of the 104 public schools in those classes 1 has won a State championship.

It is easy to only look for information to support your argument but you will convince me there is no problem when someone can explain how this happens in the big classes and I am not buying the they work harded line

You love this stat. But why don't you address both ends look at the big school classes. 4 private schools in 3A and 4A since 2004 all have won a state championship while of the 104 public schools in those classes 1 has won a State championship.

It is easy to only look for information to support your argument but you will convince me there is no problem when someone can explain how this happens in the big classes and I am not buying the they work harded line

Okay in the big classes (4A and 3A) you got me. I have no idea how those private schools like Male and Highlands are so good year in and year out.:rolleyes:

No need to be sorry! Im All for expressing ones opinions,but I also feel that if one is big enough to criticize another persons trade then they should be man enough or women enough to jump on in a do a better job!

Good thing that you you have zero desire to live in Danville! Most of us here put up or shut up!;)No offense taken!

I feel the same way about Mayfield, I wouldn't trade living in Louisville for anything, I should know, I lived there for a couple of years, :thumb:

Okay in the big classes (4A and 3A) you got me. I have no idea how those private schools like Male and Highlands are so good year in and year out.:rolleyes:

Male won state at which level since 2004? Highlands is the only public school to win state in that span, with 3 transfers from Cov. Cath and 1 from Simon Kenton so I will give you that. Ask Highland's coach if they were successful the past 2 years according to him they either win state or they don't and in that span they haven't. So roll your eyes all you want you refuse to see any side of the argument but your own.

If one were to look at 1A only you are right there is no problem but like I point out in the past 3 years only one public school has won state in the upper two classes, and they had 3 tranfers from a private school.

Even as good as Male is in that time span they are 2 and 3 against private schools. Both wins coming this season over St. X

I am just looking for a reason that you don't believe their is an advatage, I believe that part of the advantage comes from their own sucess and that can be said about a Highlands, Male or Beechwood kids want to go there so they can win. You threw 2 teams at me like I was stupid that have not been succesful by THEIR own standards not mine(I envy the sucess of both programs) in that time span.

Big time guy huh. Just like a lot of us have zero desire to be apart of a big city with no sense of community and read articles written by people who could care less about what they are writing. Rather be a small time hack than a big time know it all.