Vaught Strikes Again

CentreRocks

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it extremely amusing that people from Danville would complain about NCC having an advantage. That is fairly funny. Who had the advantage in that game? I know who had by far the speed advantage. I also know who had the discipline advantage.

Who complained about NCC having an advantage?I have not seen anything about NCC having an advantage over Danville!;)

You will very rarely see people from Danville making excuses over a loss. Danville had the speed advantage, that was about it. NCC had the better football team and anyone who watched the game could see that. Danville had some fortunate breaks that allowed them to build a lead, and then they had some monumental break downs to allow them to lose the game.

Vaught is not making excuses for Danville, I can assure you that. He is only stating what a lot of people fail to realize is an obvious advantage to private schools. The results from state championships across the board prove this. Vaught doesn't only report for Danville. His paper covers Mercer Co., Lincoln Co. (One of the smallest 4 A schools) Garrard Co 2A, Casey Co 2A.

You will very rarely see people from Danville making excuses over a loss. Danville had the speed advantage, that was about it. NCC had the better football team and anyone who watched the game could see that. Danville had some fortunate breaks that allowed them to build a lead, and then they had some monumental break downs to allow them to lose the game.

Vaught is not making excuses for Danville, I can assure you that. He is only stating what a lot of people fail to realize is an obvious advantage to private schools. The results from state championships across the board prove this. Vaught doesn't only report for Danville. His paper covers Mercer Co., Lincoln Co. (One of the smallest 4 A schools) Garrard Co 2A, Casey Co 2A.

Vaught is making excuses for EVERY public school. Yes the private schools have advantages but then again so do public schools, the first of which jumps to mind is lack of tuition.

Believe me, I understand your point. However, the only two private schools that have an overwhelming advantage are X and T, and that is because they are simply so big that no one else has the student population draw that they do. There are many public schools that have the same advantage that NCC and Cov have simply by accepting tuition students that don't live in their school district. If there is a problem to be fixed, I think that should fall under one of the larger issues. Danville is a class program and a city. I have spent pleanty of time there, I just couldn't believe some of the things that I heard during that game on their side of the stadium. Danville has a very large influx of speed in their area for the size of the competition that they play. I don't ever think you will find a team in A or AA that has an advantage over them.

Believe me, I understand your point. However, the only two private schools that have an overwhelming advantage are X and T, and that is because they are simply so big that no one else has the student population draw that they do. There are many public schools that have the same advantage that NCC and Cov have simply by accepting tuition students that don't live in their school district. If there is a problem to be fixed, I think that should fall under one of the larger issues. Danville is a class program and a city. I have spent pleanty of time there, I just couldn't believe some of the things that I heard during that game on their side of the stadium. Danville has a very large influx of speed in their area for the size of the competition that they play. I don't ever think you will find a team in A or AA that has an advantage over them.

Then let the public schools grow to a size that they can compete numbers wise with Trinity and X. And before you give me the "school size determines student success" party line I will going only 2 hours north to Indianapolis where they have very large high schools and if I'm not mistaken Indiana schools as a whole regularly out perform Kentucky schools.

Also The Male enrollment advantage for the lagrest piublic school vs. Trinity and X is only a few hundred boys. Yet PLD had a pretty sad year and Henderson Co. flamed out against a much smaller school. Yes, numbers help but it is in no way, shape or form the panacea for the private schools that some public school supporters make it out to be.

Vaught is making excuses for EVERY public school. Yes the private schools have advantages but then again so do public schools, the first of which jumps to mind is lack of tuition.

This is just a few questions:

Do public schols that accept tution students offer Financial aide?

Do all private schools offer fFnacial aide?

What proof does a private school have to provide if any that all students are paying tution?

Then let the public schools grow to a size that they can compete numbers wise with Trinity and X. And before you give me the "school size determines student success" party line I will going only 2 hours north to Indianapolis where they have very large high schools and if I'm not mistaken Indiana schools as a whole regularly out perform Kentucky schools.

Also The Male enrollment advantage for the lagrest piublic school vs. Trinity and X is only a few hundred boys. Yet PLD had a pretty sad year and Henderson Co. flamed out against a much smaller school. Yes, numbers help but it is in no way, shape or form the panacea for the private schools that some public school supporters make it out to be.

Only a few hundred? That is enough for a difference in class for one through five. I would love to see public schools in this state with 3000 students, the problem is, research has determined that school size does determine student sucess. Therefore, it is not going to happen. Two things need to happen.

Tuition students need to be don away with in public schools, and schools who are competing in the KHSAA that are private should only have students that live in their own county. Of course, even though that would level the field, it is just my opinion and will never come to pass.

Tuition students need to be don away with in public schools, and schools who are competing in the KHSAA that are private should only have students that live in their own county. Of course, even though that would level the field, it is just my opinion and will never come to pass.

This makes no sense to me. If a potential student lives just over the county line in Oldham, they should no be allowed to attend and particpate in sports at Trinity or St. X?

Only a few hundred? That is enough for a difference in class for one through five. I would love to see public schools in this state with 3000 students, the problem is, research has determined that school size does determine student sucess. Therefore, it is not going to happen. Two things need to happen.

Just a note here....research has shown that class size determines student success. It is possible to have academic success with large numbers of students under one room, in smaller class settings.

What were some of the things that you heard on their side of the stadium ? I bet the comments changed drastically in the last half of the 4th quarter when Danville was out coached and outplayed so dramatically . As Commander Peter Quincy Taggart said so profoundly " Never give up,never surrender ."

This is just a few questions:

Do public schols that accept tution students offer Financial aide?

I don't know but they could if they wanted. If they choose not to that is a self limitation. A question for you, what is the average tuition at a public school taking out of district studnets? I would be willing to bet that it is a whole lot less then the tuition at most private schools

Do all private schools offer fFnacial aide?

Again, I don't know. What I do know is that those that do follow the guidelines set by the KHSAA in awarding the aid.

What proof does a private school have to provide if any that all students are paying tution?

None. What proof do public schools that take out of district students have to provide to show those students are actually paying tuition? For that matter what proof do thay have to show that the student isn't going to that school for purely athletic reasons?

There's a reason why Vaught writes for a Danville paper rather then a paper in Louisville or Lexington.

Probably because he chooses to. He is at the least as good as anyone at the Courier-Journal or the Herald Leader in my opinion. I really liked Chuck Culpepper who use to write for the Herald though.

Yea those schools do real good considering they don't get to pick the best players to play for them from Mercer,Lincoln,garrard,casey,boyle co.! They might get one or two,but I think the privates got them beat when it comes down to the pickens!

Not really. Looks like they've got every private beat except for one, and that's just by one win.

Male won state at which level since 2004? Highlands is the only public school to win state in that span, with 3 transfers from Cov. Cath and 1 from Simon Kenton so I will give you that. Ask Highland's coach if they were successful the past 2 years according to him they either win state or they don't and in that span they haven't. So roll your eyes all you want you refuse to see any side of the argument but your own.

If one were to look at 1A only you are right there is no problem but like I point out in the past 3 years only one public school has won state in the upper two classes, and they had 3 tranfers from a private school.

Even as good as Male is in that time span they are 2 and 3 against private schools. Both wins coming this season over St. X

I am just looking for a reason that you don't believe their is an advatage, I believe that part of the advantage comes from their own sucess and that can be said about a Highlands, Male or Beechwood kids want to go there so they can win. You threw 2 teams at me like I was stupid that have not been succesful by THEIR own standards not mine(I envy the sucess of both programs) in that time span.

Dewey 47,

If Class A doesn't have a "private" problem because only 4 teams play for the championship and 3 of them are public........and Class AA certainly doesn't have a "private" problem, and now Class AAA has a problem because Highlands hasn't won since 2004 (a whole two years and if KY was still 4 classes the likely favorite in AAA next year, and probably still the favorite in the new 5A), and Class AAAA has a problem because the best public school (Male) is only 2-3 against St. X/ Trinity.................what has really changed in the last 20 years that there is now a Private/ Public problem with a Private advantage?

Basically in the last 20 years it is always the same teams Beechwood, Danville, Mayfield, Highlands, CovCath, Male, Trinity, St. X, Russell, Belfry, Pikeville, Bowling Green etc. If anything programs like Boyle County, Rockcastle Co have shown it is possible to contend without being one of the traditional powers and they certainly aren't enjoying any private advantage.