Vaught Strikes Again

CentreRocks

NKY 1984-1987. There are acomodations made, their always have been and always will be. The point is that there should be no money available. It is sactioning another method of obtaining athletes. Of course, I am sure that this money is given to 110 lb kids from low income areas that are "academically" sound. As far as I know, a public school isn't allowed to give any money off their tuition.

I believe that is a little misleading in that doesn't the public school board set the tuition amount?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKY 1984-1987. There are acomodations made, their always have been and always will be. The point is that there should be no money available. It is sactioning another method of obtaining athletes. Of course, I am sure that this money is given to 110 lb kids from low income areas that are "academically" sound. As far as I know, a public school isn't allowed to give any money off their tuition.

Well, I watched the only D-1 signee from my senior class miss the first two weeks of football because his parents were behind on tuition payments. While we were doing two-a-days, he was doing manual labor for the school to help catch his family up.

With all due respect every student in a public school is in effect on a full tuition scholarship that is underwritten by everyone in the state. You bring up an example that you say happened over 20 years ago and site that as evidence that all private schools are offering illegal enticements to attract students. I'm very sorry but and credibility you "I know someone who..." argument just went out the window.

With all due respect every student in a public school is in effect on a full tuition scholarship that is underwritten by everyone in the state. You bring up an example that you say happened over 20 years ago and site that as evidence that all private schools are offering illegal enticements to attract students. I'm very sorry but and credibility you "I know someone who..." argument just went out the window.

I am not even concerned with whether or not it was a legal action. Like I have already stated, I do not believe ANY scholarships or financial aid should be given. A private institution should not be able to pick students by giving them free schooling.

I believe that is a little misleading in that doesn't the public school board set the tuition amount?

I thought that tuition amount for each student is set at the state money that a school would have recieved for the student if they had attended the institution that they were supposed to have attended.

I am not even concerned with whether or not it was a legal action. Like I have already stated, I do not believe ANY scholarships or financial aid should be given. A private institution should not be able to pick students by giving them free schooling.

How would the poor, indigent or less fortunate ever attend a private/faith based school?

How would the poor, indigent or less fortunate ever attend a private/faith based school?

If the poor, indigent or less fortunate were attending a private faith/based school on their merit of scholarship and faith, and not their ability to run, tackle, catch and throw, that would be a larger legitimate concern. Besides, no one is entitled to attend a private school. People are entitled to attend the public school in the area they live.

If the poor, indigent or less fortunate were attending a private faith/based school on their merit of scholarship and faith, and not their ability to run, tackle, catch and throw, that would be a larger legitimate concern. Besides, no one is entitled to attend a private school. People are entitled to attend the public school in the area they live.

Actually, aren't people entitled to choose any educational option that's best for their children? Should an indigent, poor or less fortunate child be denied the opportunity to play sports in the school of their choice because they receive financial aid?

You fail to either realize or acknowledge that financial aid is awarded blind of a child's athletic abillity. It's awarded based upon their family's financial ability. Even so, the amount left for a family to pay remains significant, and requires extraordinary committment on the part of the family.

Your comments fail to account for the poor, indigent and less fortunate children who play sports at public schools, but can't afford equipment. Do public schools provide equipment for their athletes? If so, who pays? If not, who decides?

Your solution penalizes the children, not anyone else.

Jesus Christ was VERY SPECIFIC that the poor should be one of the PRIMARY concerns of Christians. Private Christian schools whether they are Catholic or some other denomination should be able and should be encouraged to give scholarships to these people. Sometimes they will be athletes and sometimes they will not.

I thought that tuition amount for each student is set at the state money that a school would have recieved for the student if they had attended the institution that they were supposed to have attended.

I checked with a person at central office and works with these figures. He said that the local board sets the amount.

Now they could choose to set it for the amount they would have received in ADA $$ funds. But also the local board determines if the ADA money for students that move OUT of their district to other public schools is released or not.

So let me see if I got this straight: In your eyes, the only students who should be able to attend a private/faith based school are the ones who can pay $8,000-9,000 a year?

So let me see if I got this straight: In your eyes, the only students who should be able to attend a private/faith based school are the ones who can pay $8,000-9,000 a year?

Yes, we are entitled to a free and public education, we are not entitled to a private education. This is not college.

I checked with a person at central office and works with these figures. He said that the local board sets the amount.

Now they could choose to set it for the amount they would have received in ADA $$ funds. But also the local board determines if the ADA money for students that move OUT of their district to other public schools is released or not.

That should not be the case either. I don't think there should be any tuition students. It is certainly not right that if their is tuition students, the local school board gets to set that tuition.

Yes, we are entitled to a free and public education, we are not entitled to a private education. This is not college.

Actually, as Americans, the Constitution grants us the right to choose many things, and a faith-based, private education is one of them.

Of course, it also guarantees that as Americans we are able to choose a faith-free education, funded by the citizens of the country.

In effect, we are bound by law to educate our children, but the Constitution grants us the right to choose the way in which we do it. Some of us choose to pay, yet are supposed to be penalized for our choice?